What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats - WebUI for Diversion statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shouldn't uiDivstats be pulled from the Available Scripts listing under ASUSWRT-Merlin Terminal Menu until the script is stabilized?
A few users are having teething issues, but I believe a greater number of users have updated without any problems whatsoever.

I spent close to 3 months of my free time developing 2.0.0, involving testers along the way. I'm glad to see my efforts appreciated.

Probably best to uninstall, delete the database and install fresh on 2.1.0
Code:
rm /opt/share/uiDivStats/dnsqueries.db

Got a path not found with the rm command. I enabled samba so I could navigate the flash drive (Linux noob) and found the dnsqueries.db in this folder:\\RT-AC86U-7650\Diversion\entware\share\uiDivStats.d

I deleted the folder which had the .db file and a csv folder. We'll give 2.1.0 a try.

Got a path not found with the rm command. I enabled samba so I could navigate the flash drive (Linux noob) and found the dnsqueries.db in this folder:\\RT-AC86U-7650\Diversion\entware\share\uiDivStats.d

I deleted the folder which had the .db file and a csv folder. We'll give 2.1.0 a try.
Yes, sorry, i messed up the path.
Code:
rm -f /opt/share/uiDivStats.d/dnsqueries.db

I’ve been using 2.10 version since you made it available without any problems. My CPU’s are pretty much behaving as normal

769b207496e4c7127319fe47c9709eda.jpg

Many thanks for your time and effort creating this new version of uiDivStats [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I concur, I have been running it since beta with no problems.
I’ve been using 2.10 version since you made it available without any problems. My CPU’s are pretty much behaving as normal

769b207496e4c7127319fe47c9709eda.jpg

Many thanks for your time and effort creating this new version of uiDivStats [emoji846]

Thanks both. Which router do each of you use? I wonder if there's a common factor with those with issues, but I'm at a loss to what in the code could behave so differently

My router is the RT-AC86U using 384.17 firmware

Thanks both. Which router do each of you use? I wonder if there's a common factor with those with issues, but I'm at a loss to what in the code could behave so differently
My main currently active use is on a RT-AX88U no issues yet. I am running it with RT-AC5300 for as well with no issues, this was the branch i originally updated from the old version on. Btw I have also tested with use with Dnscrypt-proxy and Unbound as well. Neither cause any functionality issues with using your stats script @Jack Yaz

The only potential issues I could think might be occurring is with users who have not updated their scripts in a while. Note i have no substantial evidence to support this claim, but only offer it as a reference to examine when asking users for feed back. Make sure they are not restoring from old configurations before updating to the newest branch.

Version 2.10 working great here without any problems with 20+ active clients!

My main currently active use is on a RT-AX88U no issues yet. I am running it with RT-AC5300 for as well with no issues, this was the branch i originally updated from the old version on. Btw I have also tested with use with Dnscrypt-proxy and Unbound as well. Neither cause any functionality issues with using your stats script @Jack Yaz
Version 2.10 working great here without any problems with 20+ active clients!
OK so I had thought "maybe non-HND routers struggle" but your 5300 is a point against that theory.

FWIW I just ran the below command from a Linux client with the cachetotmp branch, and saw no CPU and DSK spiking from uiDivStats. Unbound's stat generation kicked in at 59 and spun up the CPU, but it dropped down to near idle afterwards.

With the standard "master" branch, I did see DSK usage in atop max out at 100%, and CPU usage climbed to around 30%. I can see the value for busier networks with this caching, but I need to figure out how to adapt the query log feature (currently it pulls the last 5000 records from the database)

Code:
while true; do nslookup google.com. 10.14.16.1; done
This code creates an infinite loop to spam my router with DNS requests for google.com . I don't have any caching on the client or dnsmasq on the router itself.

I wonder if affected users are running other scripts that rely on a USB heavily, so when DSK activity shoots up, other processes start to stall

FWIW no issues here with uiDivStats v2.1.0 (same as with v2.0.0 updated from the previous version) on an RT-AC87U running 384.13_8 and an old (bought in 2012) Kingston DT 100 G2 16GB USB2 stick formatted as ext2 with a 2GB swap file and several other scripts and entware programs on it.

That's a point. What filesystem and number of partitions do people have on their USB drive?
Code:
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# df -Th | grep mnt | grep dev
/dev/sda3            ext4            6.3G      2.7G      3.2G  46% /tmp/mnt/entware
/dev/sda1            tfat            7.9G      1.3M      7.9G   0% /tmp/mnt/data

Since we are considering all the demographics, we should examine diversion demographics i.e. block file size or number of domains blocked. I am using the highest diversion list with no issues.

I'm not sure exactly why but uiDivStats increases the CPU usage dramatically during high usage of dnsmasq, which means during heavy web surfing between multiple web pages but I guess this is expected but I'm not sure this is caused by uiDivstats directly.

This is with uiDivStats;

Screenshot_1.jpg

This is without;
Screenshot_2.jpg

maybe this is because of USB Stick write processes of uiDivStats I'm not sure but this is what I see.

On the other side; I can't feel any problems like web pages stuck or any other slowness.

That's a point. What filesystem and number of partitions do people have on their USB drive?
Code:
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# df -Th | grep mnt | grep dev
/dev/sda3            ext4            6.3G      2.7G      3.2G  46% /tmp/mnt/entware
/dev/sda1            tfat            7.9G      1.3M      7.9G   0% /tmp/mnt/data

I use 1 partition, ext4 on a SanDisk 2.0

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!