What's new

Unable to access internet with private dns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kuki68ster

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I am getting an error when trying to acess the internet through asus router (ax86u) with merlin 388.1 installed...

Feb 13 22:25:26 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to 16:82:60:35:5f:1d with transition target eth7 ssid 7c:10:c9:e5:b9:6c
Feb 13 22:25:27 bsd: bsd: STA:16:82:60:35:5f:1d no response
Feb 13 22:25:27 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to 16:82:60:35:5f:1d with transition target eth7 ssid 7c:10:c9:e5:b9:6c
Feb 13 22:25:28 bsd: bsd: STA:16:82:60:35:5f:1d no response

If i set a private dns (nextdns or controld) in my s23 ultra, the internet in my device gets cut...If i disabled the option in my smartphone, it gets acess to the internet...

I deleted unbound, and diversion, and still the issue remais...

If i acess another wifi, i don't get this issue, so i am 99% sure the problem is with the router...

Any help will be appreciated, thanks...

I would first disable DNS Director for this device and try again. If your phone is using DoT to NextDNS or ControlD - the requests are blocked.

You should try pinging dns.controld.com and dns.nextdns.io and see if you get a response. For Control D specifically you can visit this exact URL: https://dns.controld.com/info

If it doesn't load then the domain or IP address is resolves to is blocked on your network.

I would first disable DNS Director for this device and try again. If your phone is using DoT to NextDNS or ControlD - the requests are blocked.
Did the trick, after disabling dns director i can acess the internet with nextdns....

Is there a configuration, with the dns director activated, that i can set up my router?

Thanks for the help

Is there a configuration, with the dns director activated, that i can set up my router?

Yes, exclude this device from filtering. DNS Director is configurable. I don't have Asuswrt-Merlin running at the moment to show you a screenshot, but it's pretty self-explanatory. Your global filtering is perhaps Router. Add this device with option No Filtering.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!