What's new

Unable to use Microsoft Remote Desktop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maxsteel

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I'm pretty sure it is casused by IPTV page under LAN in settings, since I need to switch to manual and put a number to connect via bridge mode to my ISP. The reason is because I tried it before with different ISP directly it RDP worked fine.

Tried all IGMP mode with no success.

Router is RT-AC86U

Any tips?

You have provided almost no details as to what you're trying to do (beyond use Remote Desktop) and how your devices are configured. Much more information is required to understand your issue.

You have provided almost no details as to what you're trying to do (beyond use Remote Desktop) and how your devices are configured. Much more information is required to understand your issue.
using remote desktop app to connect to remote server. No connection can be established to the server that's the issue. It only happens using bridge mode with isp router which requires configuring "VID" under IPTV page by adding a number.

using remote desktop app to connect to remote server. No connection can be established to the server that's the issue. It only happens using bridge mode with isp router which requires configuring "VID" under IPTV page by adding a number.
So the desktop app is running on a PC on your LAN. The RT-AC86U is your LAN gateway device. And the remote server is "somewhere" on the internet and has a publicly accessible IP address. Correct?

There's nothing particularly special about connecting to an RDP server compared to any other server, e.g. web or ftp. So my first thought would be that it's an issue on the server side. Perhaps the server's firewall needs to be configured to allow access from your IP address.

There's nothing particularly special about connecting to an RDP server compared to any other server, e.g. web or ftp. So my first thought would be that it's an issue on the server side. Perhaps the server's firewall needs to be configured to allow access from your IP address.
Thank you for you reply! I think it is IP related as you mentioned.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!