What's new

Uploading Asuswrt settings to installed Asuswrt-Merlin firmware.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zephpdx

Occasional Visitor
I recently purchased an RT-ax86u and and saved my configuration settings. I've save my settings with the Asuswrt firmware (version 3.0.0.4.386_45934). Can I upload and install these settings after installation of the the Merlin firmware (version 386.4) and its reset to default. I don't want to have to manually set up the router again. Thks for any help with this.

Flash Asuswrt-Merlin on top and test. If all good - don't reset. If you encounter issues - reset and set up manually. Don't import Asuswrt settings.

You should be ok just flashing Merlin to it, but I'd make note (with pen and paper) of the settings you may have adjusted/configured yourself for systemic reasons. Importing a .conf can have unexpected and dire consequences for your new machina. (you don't want to brick it, I'm sure)

It has happened in the past, and it may still happen now (anything is possible, and often happens - I'm just suggesting caution and diligence so they don't unwittingly discover a "wow, that's not supposed to happen" event)