What's new

UPnP - Multiple Xbox One Gaming Consoles & NAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ya I understand that Merlin isn't supported. I'm curious if this is marketed as a gaming router, if OPEN NAT would be seen on two consoles with the same game. I'm just gonna demo it then return it. Ya, kind spendy for a gaming router. I remember paying $200 for my DGL-4500 back in the day. Thought it was spendy. Turned out to be a good investment. :D

I would love to get a gt5300 but Merlin does not support it, for understandable reasons, also it's quite expensive to buy.

Ok, got the GT-5300 router in house. Sure like the UI. Tons of stuff. Very quick and responsive UI. Best seen yet over other Mfrs that I've tested. o_O

I'll get this set up tonite and post. Going to test shipping FW first then upgrade.

a
Ok, got the GT-5300 router in house. Sure like the UI. Tons of stuff. Very quick and responsive UI. Best seen yet over other Mfrs that I've tested. o_O

I'll get this set up tonite and post. Going to test shipping FW first then upgrade.
awesome, your lucky i wish it wasnt $700 AUD, well ill just wait till a day if it comes that merlin supports it, then ill consider getting one. But it relies on asus bring the 382 code base to the arm routers. Mabye multi console support will work propperly.

Last edited:
We have 3 Xbox One consoles used in our house. I know that my nephew has complained sometimes about his box showing the NAT as strict and not being able to join a multiplayer game. He has fixed it sometimes by rebooting his xbox.

I was tempted to try IPv6, on my AC88U router, but not sure if I know how to set it up yet. I have Time Warner ( now called Spectrum).

I know that Microsoft states on their website that its best to use IPv6 on the Xbox One.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/ipv6-on-xbox-one
not every isp uses ipv6 thr xbox uses a tunnling adptor, that guide is the same as the ones thst say you need to forward port 80 which is un nessicary id disregard thst guide xbox does it automatically, so i wouldnt worry about ipv6

is it in bridge mode with which router, you will get nat issues if the modem isnt in bridge mode it causes double nat, if you want i can try my best to give you a hand with it, also pleas enure you router is running the latest firmware version.

Ya, thats a gateway modem thus it already had a built in router so if you connect a external router, you'll be in a double NAT condition. Needs to be fully bridged or it if can, you can try using the DMZ on the modem for the IP address the modem gives the external router.

Ok, so far the GT router is very nice. UI is fast and performs very nicely. However, I can't get OPEN NAT on BO3 on the 2nd console. Tried using Adaptive and Traditional QoS settings. uPnP enabled. Set up a couple of Traditional User QoS rules for XBL in the list for each console. OPEN NAT on the dash board however can't get OPEN NAT in game BO3 on 2nd console.
Before I set up Traditional QoS, I left it Adaptive and played BO3 with just one console. Gaming seemed good, however I got booted twice to the pre lobby and one said I was disconnected from the BO servers right in the middle of a good game. Even got disconnected from my teams XBL private chat group as well. Not sure what this could have been attributed to.

All this is with shipping FW which I see isn't even listed on the support site. I have downloaded the latest FW and will up date tomorrow and test again.

Any suggestions for attempting to bet OPEN NAT in 2nd console BO3? I'm all ears.

Ok, so far the GT router is very nice. UI is fast and performs very nicely. However, I can't get OPEN NAT on BO3 on the 2nd console. Tried using Adaptive and Traditional QoS settings. uPnP enabled. Set up a couple of Traditional User QoS rules for XBL in the list for each console. OPEN NAT on the dash board however can't get OPEN NAT in game BO3 on 2nd console.
Before I set up Traditional QoS, I left it Adaptive and played BO3 with just one console. Gaming seemed good, however I got booted twice to the pre lobby and one said I was disconnected from the BO servers right in the middle of a good game. Even got disconnected from my teams XBL private chat group as well. Not sure what this could have been attributed to.

All this is with shipping FW which I see isn't even listed on the support site. I have downloaded the latest FW and will up date tomorrow and test again.

Any suggestions for attempting to bet OPEN NAT in 2nd console BO3? I'm all ears.
QoS I read is unstable on it, you would need the masquerade rules Merlin implemented in 380.66, adaptive qos should be fine, try disabling hardware nat acceleration I read that is a pia when it comes to upnp I wish the router didn't need software to hit a Gigabit speed, would make life easier.

Ok, I'll try using Adaptive QoS then I'll game with out it and see.

Idea where I would disable HW NAT on this UI? I did see NAT under WAN however I presume thats something different?

LAN -> Switch Control

Only items located here are the following in the shipping FW:
Enable Jumbo Frame
Bonding/ Link aggregation

Both are disabled by default.

Should I update FW to see if any newer features maybe added? It's one thing I haven't done yet. I was testing to see if shipping FW would handle two game consoles using same game, BO3.

This is OEM FW, not Merlin....

LAN -> Switch Control

Ya I understand that Merlin isn't supported. I'm curious if this is marketed as a gaming router, if OPEN NAT would be seen on two consoles with the same game. I'm just gonna demo it then return it. Ya, kind spendy for a gaming router. I remember paying $200 for my DGL-4500 back in the day. Thought it was spendy. Turned out to be a good investment. :D

ME 2!! :)

Gee, you were sure upset at the DGL-4500 for not working right...Hmmm could it haven been the ISP modem it was connected to at the time? LOLOLOLOL. o_O

I "stumbled" upon a setting in the latest Merlin FW release. I'm wondering if it might resolve the issue of OPEN NAT being seen on two game consoles (Xbox One / Xbox Live) playing the same game (COD:BO3). Right now, only one gaming console is able to achieve Open NAT in the game while the other console shows Moderate NAT or Strict NAT in the same game.

Wan >> Virtual Server / Port Forward >> Famous Game List.

I see Xbox Live is one of the available choices. When selecting Xbox Live, it populates the 'Service Name' (Xbox Live), 'Port Range' (3074), 'Local IP' (Xbox One S IP Address), 'Protocol' (BOTH).

After doing some research regarding Xbox Live ports used for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, I found ports 53 and 3074 are used for TCP and UDP (seems the only two ports used for both TCP and UDP).

I went ahead and put both Xbox One gaming consoles in port forwarding. Xbox One S (.120) using port 3074 and Xbox One Elite (.121) using port 53. I haven't tested anything out as of yet, and I'm not sure this would even resolve the issue every is experiencing with Open NAT being seem on two game consoles playing the same game. I figured the NETWORKING GURUS would / could chime to provide their thoughts / opinions.

When it comes to "ADVANCED" networking settings, it can get a bit overwhelming trying to understand how things work with selected settings.

Thanks or replies (and providing me a learning opportunity). :)

Last edited:
Only items located here are the following in the shipping FW:
Enable Jumbo Frame
Bonding/ Link aggregation

Both are disabled by default.

Should I update FW to see if any newer features maybe added? It's one thing I haven't done yet. I was testing to see if shipping FW would handle two game consoles using same game, BO3.

This is OEM FW, not Merlin....

That option is part of the stock firmware. What router model do you have?

Thanks or replies (and providing me a learning opportunity). :)

Don't forward port 53, this is used for outbound DNS connection, and therefore should not be forwarded.

GT5300 the new gaming router from ASUS. I was told that Merlin isn't supported on this model...

That option is part of the stock firmware. What router model do you have?

GT5300 the new gaming router from ASUS. I was told that Merlin isn't supported on this model...

It's possible that they moved the NAT acceleration option to a different page then on that model.