What's new

UPnP - Multiple Xbox One Gaming Consoles & NAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@jhferry Just to clarify; You have 2 PS4's and everything works with both consoles online at the same time (gameplay and in-game chat). The only thing that doesn't work is the PS4's "Party" voice chat, and even that works across the internet but not LAN to LAN. Correct?

Correct. I have experienced this with the Xbox One as well, a lot of voice drop outs etc but that seems to be working for now. In game chat and matchmaking are fine Lan to Lan.

Similar issues we see in BO3 and in game chat. Can't hear each other half the time. So we switched to XBL party chat and we can hear each other all the time, unless your controller or mic gets disconnected, then you have to exit the party chat then rejoin to get chat to work.

Correct. I have experienced this with the Xbox One as well, a lot of voice drop outs etc but that seems to be working for now. In game chat and matchmaking are fine Lan to Lan.

You need to enable SSH in Administration -> System

upload_2017-9-4_21-14-3.png

Enable password login then use same credentials as you use to log in to GUI

Found it. Thank you.

Can this be done anytime or with both consoles on with both games running?

Thanks for the reply.

So as far as I can tell from the 500+ posts in this thread, everything is working fine for everybody apart from an occasional issue with jhferry's LAN to LAN party chat on the PS4 (which sounds like a bug with Party Chat).

The only person that seems to currently be reporting a problem is @e38BimmerFN and up until today he had never run Merlin's firmware.

So the whole of this thread seems pointless. What am I missing here?

Can this be done anytime or with both consoles on with both games running?
It has to be done while the consoles are running and you are experiencing the issue you are trying to analyse.

So preferably you'd do it twice. Once with everything up and running and working, and then a second time with everything up and running but not working.

We'll have already got it working so I guess I'll get the logs for what is current.

I can allow for copy and paste. Its just plain text.

non gaming device.

IPs 192 and 144 are the xbox ones.

Doing more testing and disabling Vexirias configuration and then also disabling QoS entirely, rebooting router and hard power off of consoles, I'm still getting OPEN NAT in BO3 and IW same game running on both.
Next step is to capture tables if possible on OEM stock FW. Can this be done on OEM FW? I know I got Moderate NAT on 2nd console while using OEM FW.

No. Test PC is not in DMZ. Non Gaming device is a VOIP device in the DMZ.

I'll see about loading stock FW later on. As far as I can tell, Port Address Restricted Cone NAT that was reported for both OEM and Merlin FW by the NAT test tool.

Merlin FW seems to be allowing for OPEN NAT with two same games running on both consoles at the same time. At least for my network configuration.

Last edited:
I think that should be obvious that the problem here is your testing methodology.
It's something bugging out on my network, I have a pretty elaborate set up, it works 99% of the time. It was just a pc copy of cod reading as moderate nat till the channel changed I preformed nothing to worry about I guess.

Can I upload a text file with the output of the SSH, I still have issues with battle born, gta v and modern warfare 3 spec ops mode haveing moderate nat all on my pc.

Battle born has no ports appearing in the upnp forwards list, grand theft auto 5 has 6672, but rock star social club the pc launcher for rock star games says my nat is moderate, which is has been the case form day one of owning the 88u.

As long my steam link keeps spouting an cannot connect on port 27031 error when I do a network connection test that tells me the packet loss statistics amongst other information.

It seems I have to do the test a few times till it finally works as in keep initiating the test and closing the error till it successfully runs, otherwise it connects to the pc fine.
This started after 380.67 alpha 1, on 380.66 the test was working perfectly every time I ran it I got results.

Last edited: