What's new

USB Modem Signal Strength?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

a8ree

New Around Here
I'm trying to set up a 3G modem on my router for resilience. It seems to work sporadically and I'd like to check that the signal is not the issue.

Is there somewhere I can determine the signal strength being reported by the device?

Is there somewhere I can determine the signal strength being reported by the device?

You’ll have to check in the user manual for this device. We don’t even know what this device is. The router won’t show you 3G signal strength.

I'm trying to set up a 3G modem on my router for resilience. It seems to work sporadically and I'd like to check that the signal is not the issue.

You can test the signal strength by removing the Sim card and put it in an Android phone/tablet and use an app like "Signal notification". Then put the phone/tablet where the router is placed for about a minute to see what the signal strength (dbM) is at that location.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!