What's new

using 12v power adaptor with proper tip on 19v asus?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

apollo18

Occasional Visitor
hey guys so i lost my 19v asus ac68u power adaptor during moving and i found a 12v that has the same tip and powers my ac68u fine, its only been running for an hour so far, is this fine? or is it likely to crap out?

correct my if im wrong but as long as my power adaptor pushes 12v x 2a ish thats about 30w which is similar to the 19v x 1.75a that the asus power adaptor supplies so shouldnt it be fine?

i know using a 19v on a 12v is a no go, but i think the only thing that can be wrongly affect is the 12v power adaptor in this scenario?

thx

hey guys so i lost my 19v asus ac68u power adaptor during moving and i found a 12v that has the same tip and powers my ac68u fine, its only been running for an hour so far, is this fine? or is it likely to crap out?

correct my if im wrong but as long as my power adaptor pushes 12v x 2a ish thats about 30w which is similar to the 19v x 1.75a that the asus power adaptor supplies so shouldnt it be fine?

i know using a 19v on a 12v is a no go, but i think the only thing that can be wrongly affect is the 12v power adaptor in this scenario?

thx

I think you run the risk damaging something.

24W isn't equivalent to over 33W.

If the router is loaded it will be in an effective 'brown-out' condition with that wrong power adaptor in use. You will do damage leaving this powering your router.

Hopefully, it will be only the router and not become a fire hazard too (from the power supply side). :)

You need to have the same voltage, and an amperage equal or higher to the original adapter. You cannot refer just to the total wattage.

thx

I have several spare and never used ASUS power supplies available for the AC68 or AC86. If you are in the USA let me know and we can work out a deal.