What's new

v386.1_2 Fresh Config from Scratch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptnDanLKW

(edited to simplify my TL;DR original post)

I've done a couple a couple of full resets and manual reconfigs over the past month. Both with v386.1_2 and v386.2b2 to test some variations.

@RMerlin I think there's a timing or sequence issue with dnsmasq. When wireless restarts, there's this dnsmaq-script error.

Mar 9 09:30:30 RT-AC86U rc_service: cfg_server 2071:notify_rc restart_wireless
Mar 9 09:30:30 RT-AC86U custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart wireless)
Mar 9 09:30:30 RT-AC86U kernel: device wl0.2 left promiscuous mode
Mar 9 09:30:31 RT-AC86U kernel: device wl0.2 entered promiscuous mode
Mar 9 09:30:33 RT-AC86U wlceventd: wlceventd Start...
Mar 9 09:30:35 RT-AC86U dnsmasq-script[1207]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory

It may be cosmetic since the vendor lookup function works. This file is present prior to service restart. It's deleted and then re-created. Figured I'd mention it since your changelog of 386.1_2 denotes a change.

I don't recall seeing this in earlier versions. Thanks.

Last edited:
(edited to simplify my TL;DR original post)

I've done a couple a couple of full resets and manual reconfigs over the past month. Both with v386.1_2 and v386.2b2 to test some variations.

@RMerlin I think there's a timing or sequence issue with dnsmasq. When wireless restarts, there's this dnsmaq-script error.

Mar 9 09:30:30 RT-AC86U rc_service: cfg_server 2071:notify_rc restart_wireless
Mar 9 09:30:30 RT-AC86U custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart wireless)
Mar 9 09:30:30 RT-AC86U kernel: device wl0.2 left promiscuous mode
Mar 9 09:30:31 RT-AC86U kernel: device wl0.2 entered promiscuous mode
Mar 9 09:30:33 RT-AC86U wlceventd: wlceventd Start...
Mar 9 09:30:35 RT-AC86U dnsmasq-script[1207]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory

It may be cosmetic since the vendor lookup function works. This file is present prior to service restart. It's deleted and then re-created. Figured I'd mention it since your changelog of 386.1_2 denotes a change.

I don't recall seeing this in earlier versions. Thanks.
@RMerlin I am having the same problem, which also breaks diversion ad blocker. It started completely out of the blue today, two weeks after installing the latest 386.2_4 firmware.

dnsmasq-script is related to AiMesh, and has nothing to do with Diversion.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!