What's new

VLAN (IPTV) setting not working for GT AX11000 Pro ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe an open door, but you did reboot the router after setting the VLAN option (in the IPTV tab) and the wan connection type ?

Maybe an open door, but you did reboot the router after setting the VLAN option (in the IPTV tab) and the wan connection type ?
Yep, every time.

In fact, is what the firmware does when you change and apply, it forces you to restart.

I would expect that error if the interface hasn't been created previously with vlanctl. You could try creating it (if it will allow you) and running those commands again.
Code:
vlanctl --mcast --if-create-name eth0 vlan10
I'll try the newest vlanctl command tomorrow and see (family can't live without internet!).

Thanks for suggesting those. I hope those make it work.

In the attachment it shows you still use the 2.5G port as primary WAN. Can you change it there to 10G as primary WAN (save) and then try again on the 10G WAN port? If it does not work , change it back to 2.5G.

Ok, just did all the tests and there is some progress here.

What didn't work (setting IPTV setting to VLAN 10 and without, restart and executed commands):

Code:
vlanctl --mcast --if-create-name eth0 vlan10
vlanctl --if eth0 --rx --tags 1 --filter-vid 10 0 --pop-tag --set-rxif vlan10 --rule-append
vlanctl --if eth0 --tx --tags 0 --filter-txif vlan10 --push-tag --set-vid 10 0 --rule-append
ifconfig vlan10 allmulti up

When setting was to VLAN 10 in IPTV, the commands were erroring because the vlan10 interface was already declared. Makes sense that happened.

vlanctl --rule-dump-all && tail -99 /tmp/syslog.log
Never got any reports like the samples provided.

WHAT DID WORK

I setup the VLAN to 10 under the IP menu.
Setup the WAN port to 10G in the WAN Menu...

2023-04-28 at 10.40.20.png

That works OK. I swear I did try that before, seems I probably was toying with Dual WAN settings and never tried straight away. Thanks for suggesting that.

So, IPTV setting to 10 and WAN to 10G makes the DHCP/internet work.
Interestingly, then the ASUS reports that as plugged in port LAN5

2023-04-28 at 10.08.05.png

When I change WAN to be from the 2.5G port and plug the cable to the 2.5G port, the DCHP/internet doesn't work : (reboots are forced when doing any of the changes)
2023-04-28 at 10.09.04.png

So, perhaps this can give a better indication of what's wrong.
What seems is happening is that there is some port mapping under the hood of the AX11000 Pro that is incorrect ... as it seems working in the 10G "Ethernet" port when configured but not the "WAN" 2.5G.

I am happy to run commands or whatever here if that helps solve the problem for anyone else / or get some indication of firmware issue that could be fixed.

@puremind
Good to hear that you managed to get it working with the 10G port.
My assumption was that the 2.5G port of the Asus does not work well with the 10G port of the ONT. ( You mentioned that the same issue occurred with two different providers, was that with the same ONT?)
Last option would be , do a Factory default off all settings, configure Vlan 10 and wan connection (DHCP) to WAN 2,5G, let it apply the settings, then remove power for 1 minute and apply power again. Let the router stabilize and check the result.

Last edited:
@puremind
Good to hear that you managed to get it working with the 10G port.
My assumption was that the 2.5G port of the Asus does not work well with the 10G port of the ONT. ( You mentioned that the same issue occurred with two different providers, was that with the same ONT?)
Last option would be , do a Factory default off all settings, configure Vlan 10 and wan connection to WAN 2,5G, let it apply the settings, then remove power for 1 minute and apply power again. Let the router stabilize and check the result.

Hi, yep thanks for that tip everyone.

My assumption was that the 2.5G port of the Asus does not work well with the 10G port of the ONT.
No, the port does appear as connected and linked OK from a physical level and works perfect from the managed switch when the managed switch does untag the packets (the VLAN 10 thing) nothing else.
So, I don't think that is the issue.

You mentioned that the same issue occurred with two different providers, was that with the same ONT?
Yes, is same ONT.

My guess is that the router is not applying well the rules for VLAN when DHCP connected to the 2.5G port.