What's new

Vlans and scripts?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thewizard1241

Regular Contributor
Hi I have an ax86u router at home on merlin firmware.

I have a switch capable of running basic vlans. I basically have a switch connected to the router, and the CCTV NVR connected to that switch which is on its own vlan. Everything else on my network is on wireless. Ive seperated them for security reasons.

I need to basically be able to access the NVR VLAN from all my other devices, but not have the NVR vlan be able to access my other VLAN.

So in simple terms, i must be able to access NVR vlan, but not have NVR access my home VLAN.

Achieving this will allow me to secure my home network while still being able to access the NVR system.

I read this can be achieved via asus router firewalls, scripts and ip tables?

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Take a second router (with a WAN and 1-4 LAN connections), connect the WAN side to a LAN port of the VLAN, assign a fixed IP for this WAN connection.
Connect the LAN side to your existing LAN and assign a subnet, disable DHCP.

Use a route to access VLAN devices.
route add 10.10.100.0(devices on VLAN) mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.200.1(LAN address of the second router)

Capture.PNG

Yes because the path to the vlan is one way (unless you open a WAN to LAN port on the second router, ea. for a printer)