What's new

voip.ms

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Kronyx , I tought you had the Asus connected to the ONT... That's the setup that doesn't work for me. When I connect the Asus WAN port into the HH2000 and ONT to the HH2000 with PPPoE on the Asus W/O VLAN 35, the setup works but I loose 10% on download speed...

Oh well, I'll probably set it up that way tonight but I would have preferred to find the solution...

I have both the HH2000 and my Asus connected to a switch, and the switch is connected to the ONT.

I doubt PPPoE itself is the cause, it's probably more likely to be the VLAN section that throws it off.

Yeah maybe the lan doesnt forward the packet to the good vlan or something is blocked to the outside, or maybe with the "Enable SIP NAT helper"

If you have one of the currently supported models (AC87 or newer), you can try the 380.59 alpha2 build. In this version, you can now chose the SIP passthrough to be Disabled (blocks it), Enabled (allows it) or Enabled + NAT helper (the "old" Enabled mode). Try setting it just to Enabled, so it will allow port 5060 traffic in, but without using the Netfilter NAT helper.

Just spent 2.5 hrs last night with Teksavvy sorting some (other) issues, and didn't get as far as making their VoIP work with the ATA on the router, but in case anyone does a search for this in the future, their ports are
443:443
5060:5080 AND
16384:16482

N66u, Grandstream HT502, Speedtouch ST516 DSL

Kroynx, your issue is using VLAN with NAT Acceleration turned on. As soon as you disable NAT Acceleration, everything will work the way you want, when SIP Passthrough is set to "Enabled + NAT helper." This trigger isn't using VLAN. The trigger is using VLAN with NAT acceleration enabled.
And the issue occurs when using this setup: http://blog.ngpixel.com/post/104449747538/how-to-bypass-bell-fibe-hub-and-use-your-own-router.

I don't know if the problem being described here is a bug that should be reported to Asus (VLAN with NAT Acceleration on causes SIP problems). RMerlin would know.

For reference, look at Webslinger's post at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12822.msg82317#msg82317
and also visit
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12822.20.

Last edited:
I created an account just for this. I just setup a AX88U Pro today and I was not initially able to use my Obi200 voip. I disebled these 2 settings and now I'm good after the ata device reboot. I left the hardware nat acceleration enabled.,

1. Navigate to Advanced Settings > WAN > NAT Passthrough.
  2. Next to RTSP Passthrough, select Disable.
  3. Next to SIP Passthrough, select Disable.
  4. Apply

I also use VOIP.MS, no issues. My NAT settings:

1712629890547.png