What's new

voip.ms

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kronyx

Regular Contributor
Hi !

My ATA is registring, I can make a call, I can ear, but people doesn't ear me, I have a RT-AC3200, the firmware is 380.58, I have a Cisco SPA112, the setup is exacly the same as the voip.ms wiki, I have put the ATA in the DMZ, forwarded the port 5060, 5080, 10000:20000, I don't know what to do more than this, can you guys help me ?

Thanks !

I have voipo and an ac56u on same firmware.I have the adapter plugged in to a port and have no issues.do not use the dmz zone at all or any port forwarding and no issues. there is a voip setting in the wan setting in nat passthru. I have that enabled tho I think it is enabled by default.

Yep it's enabled, removed from the DMZ also no port forward and I have the same problem

I have tested with a softphone on my android phone on the wifi and it's working, I also put the ATA direct on the internet and it's working ... So there is something wrng with the router.

I have that exact same setup myself - voip.ms with an SPA112, have had zero problem with it. Make sure you keep the SIP passthrough enabled on the router, and that you configure the SPA using the instructions on voip.ms's Wiki. Do not forward any port, and do not use DMZ either.

Hi RMerlin,

When you say SIP passthrough, I only see Enable SIP NAT helper on the NAT Passthrough. Is it located somewhere else ?

Thanks

Not sure what else could be wrong then, I've been using this setup with voip.ms for years now, without any issue. Make sure you remove any port forward or DMZ setting you might have configured, in case they might create a conflict. You could also try disabling NAT acceleration under LAN -> Switch Control just in case it doesn't play nice with your ISP.

There is no need to forward any ports on the router. My parents had the exact same issue with Bell FIBE and their AC66U and what I ended up doing was factory resetting the ATA SPA 112 and applying the latest firmware from cisco's site. Hope this works.

There is no need to forward any ports on the router. My parents had the exact same issue with Bell FIBE and their AC66U and what I ended up doing was factory resetting the ATA SPA 112 and applying the latest firmware from cisco's site. Hope this works.

I removed the port forward, the dmz, I did a factory reset and also have the latest firmware and still have the problem, I don't know what to do anymore hehe

I removed the port forward, the dmz, I did a factory reset and also have the latest firmware and still have the problem, I don't know what to do anymore hehe
I'm running the setup in my sig below and have a couple of lines coming in on Voip.ms. It works very well. Make sure your DNS lookup is good and that your QoS is on and the propper u/dl setting are there. You should also try to use the Voip.ms ip addresses instead of the URL names in the SIP config, although URL name is working fine for me.

I don't think it's a DNS error, I can make and receive calls, I can ear people but people can't ear me, it's a NAT problem I think (One way audio)

I don't think it's a DNS error, I can make and receive calls, I can ear people but people can't ear me, it's a NAT problem I think (One way audio)

Are you sure the modem is either fully bridged, or at least configured to pass all traffic through to the router?

I know how much of a nightmare Bell's modems can be... One of the numerous reasons why I avoid Bell, or at least I used my own modem back when I was still with them.

Are you sure the modem is either fully bridged, or at least configured to pass all traffic through to the router?

I know how much of a nightmare Bell's modems can be... One of the numerous reasons why I avoid Bell, or at least I used my own modem back when I was still with them.

I don't use the HH2000 Bell modem, I use my router directly with the pppoe credentials.

I don't use the HH2000 Bell modem, I use my router directly with the pppoe credentials.

What modem are you using?