What's new

VPN and Samsung Smart TV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ingy56

New Around Here
I have a need to connect my Smart TV in Spain back to the UK in order to make use of the FILM services.

I'm looking to use a VPN on the router, as I also have an IPad, a Samsung Tablet and a Windows notebook.

I have read a lot about using DD-WRT, Tomato etc but can I achieve what I need to using Merlin which seems a simpler option

I have a ASUS RT-AC68U wireless router that I'm looking to use. And want to keep things as simple as possible.

Any advice much appreciated.

You will need to subscribe to a VPN service to do what you want. The easiest solution since you already have an ASUS router is to use the self installing Astrill app from the Astrill VPN provider. It has many options. Try their service for a month and move on if you find something else.

If your download speed in Spain isn't at least 10 MBps you may not be happy with any VPN service for streaming video as your speed will be reduced by 30 40%.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

very nice info. thanks
f.png