What's new

VPN on ASUS RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jelle

New Around Here
Hello!

I have been trying to set up a VPN server on my router. The thing is though, it might not be that easy. I have 300/300 internet and my ISP has provided me with a Tilgin router.

After the Tilgin I have my ASUS router which is also running DHCP server. Tilgin distributes 192.168.1.x IP's (ASUS router has 192.168.1.193) and my ASUS router distributes 192.168.2.x.

All LAN clients are on the ASUS router. I was not able to change the Tilgin to the ASUS router so the only thing connected to the Tilgin is the ASUS router.

I have a Qnap TS-451 NAS where I already got FTP and proxy to work on but I would like my ASUS router to run VPN and use that instead.

I cannot set up DDNS since I have the Tilgin router in front of the ASUS router.

I have tried forwarding the common ports for VPN to my ASUS router: 443, 8888, 992, 5555 and 1723 but I still can't connect from the outside.

I am not sure how this works exactly. My ISP does not have reverse DNS so I can't try to connect to my outside IP, but if the VPN server is up and running shouldn't I be able to connect to it from within the LAN using 192.168.2.1? That I cannot do either.

Any kind people who can offer a hand?