What's new

Asus AX88U VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jimmybigguns

New Around Here
Hi all,

Just looking for some advice, I'm a noob when it comes to anything network related so please bare with me.

I have a Asus AX88U and would like to put a VPN on it (am I correct in thinking any device that then connects would automatically be hidden behind the VPN). I would be using it to hide my traffic and websites visited. I don't mind where servers are located as long as it does the job, I don't know if it's important, but I also have a fire stick that's not quite legit and wouldn't want it to interfere with that 🙈 so I don't know if server location matters for this?

Would someone be able to recommend the best VPN for this, I'm in the UK, price isn't important, it's more quality, security and features that you would deem important. I will be using the standard Asus firmware.

Thank you for your time and input.

James

His request was to recommend a VPN provider. That is router-agnostic, and therefore belongs here.

Implementation is Asus specific however...
No. Every single VPN provider that supports OpenVPN would work just as well with an Asus router as with a Linux server or a Windows desktop. The provider does not require to offer Asuswrt-specific support. They all work by providing a provided .ovpn config file.

Bickering aside, I'll try to answer the post. I'm in the USA and I use NordVPN. Worked well on my AX88U (which got the NAND disease) and also on my shiny new RT-AXE7800.