What's new

VPN Options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jamie96

Occasional Visitor
So i was just wondering is there any benefit of running a vpn from the router over say software on a firestick? and if so what's the best protocol to use openvpn or ipsec?

So i was just wondering is there any benefit of running a vpn from the router over say software on a firestick? and if so what's the best protocol to use openvpn or ipsec?

Do you mean a VPN from a Firestick dongle on your TV to your router?

OE

Right now I run the vpns own app on firestick which works fine just wondering would it run better from the router and if so what's the best protocol?

Assuming you are using a VPN service, perhaps they can recommend protocol and usage.

OE

What is your ISP paid for speeds u/d?

What router do you have? What firmware is installed?

What speeds, issues, or bottlenecks does using the VPN now cause that you want to alleviate?

What is your ISP paid for speeds u/d?

What router do you have? What firmware is installed?

What speeds, issues, or bottlenecks does using the VPN now cause that you want to alleviate?
500 down haven't a clue what upload is on speed tests it's 36.

Asus Rt-ac86u Asus firmware recent

It works well for what I need it for iptv but was just wondering would running it straight from the router be better than on the firestick itself.