What's new

VPN server help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dean.viens

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,
I'm trying to get a Wireguard VPN server up and running so my friends can use it to watch videos on Plex while on my home network. I got it working, but I need some tweaks. I don't want them to have access to anything else but Plex.
im using an Asus AX6000 with Merlin firmware. i use nordvpn on my router itself as well. I can connect to the wireguard server, but I cant find any settings to limit access
can anyone steer me in the right direction?

If your friends are on your home network, why do you want them to connect to your VPN to use the Plex server that is on your home network?

If your friends are on your home network, why do you want them to connect to your VPN to use the Plex server that is on your home network?
Sorry I will rephrase. My friends will not be on my home network but I want them to be able to get on there with the VPN. They are able to but I want to limit their access

Would AllowedIPs give you the solution? I'm reading conflicting information as to if AllowedIPs is the source/client IP or the destination IP.
1712699393368.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!