What's new

(VPN) What does redirect internet traffic: All do?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Believe to Achieve

New Around Here
Hi,

I had a quick question. I usually set up the VPN on my Asus Router using Redirect Internet Traffic: Policy Rules Strict and then select Block routed clients if tunnel goes down, but it's a long winded process having to do that each time I connect a device to the router. I want every device connected to the router to be under the VPN and the internet to be blocked when the VPN connection goes down.

When you select All in the list the option to block internet if the tunnel goes down is removed. Is that because it's automatically blocked or because it's not possible and if the tunnel goes down internet will resume with regular ISP and no VPN?

Also, related to this question. Is the blocking on policy rules and the option to block the internet when the tunnel goes down using a firewall to block the internet connection, meaning that it's bulletproof and not a single packet can get through? Similar to how popular VPN clients on PC's work (IVPN, Windscribe, AirVPN)

AFAIK, Kill Switch is only available when you select Policy Rules......however, you can use CIDR notation to select your entire network to go through the VPN (instead of listing one at a time) in one entry on the selection list (depending on your network, something like 192.168.1.0/24).

Bulletproof is a strong word, but in general, the answer to your second question is "yes".

AFAIK, Kill Switch is only available when you select Policy Rules......however, you can use CIDR notation to select your entire network to go through the VPN (instead of listing one at a time) in one entry on the selection list (depending on your network, something like 192.168.1.0/24).

Bulletproof is a strong word, but in general, the answer to your second question is "yes".

Hey, thanks for your reply. Just out of curiosity how would that work for devices connected to the guest network. As in target add devices connected to a specific guest network?