What's new

VPNMON VPNMON-R2 v2.52 -Mar 27, 2023- Monitor your VPN connection's Health (Thread locked/closed)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Upgraded, but getting a error...Null bad number

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-03-26, às 13.16.58.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-03-26, às 13.16.58.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 41
Upgraded, but getting a error...Null bad number
I think I may have found your issue for the null... please try downloading/upgrading again, and see if that fixes your issue. What would definitely fix it is making sure you run a VPN reset, because it needs to write a new format to your VPN client slot like so:

1679835859623.png

I setup 3 servers manually on my router, my Wan DNS is set to Adguard, I chose the lowest ping server method, and usually I set my provider to "other". When I set it to Nordvpn and tried out the server load option there is an error about not being able to connect to API, and "Null bad number" over and over.
Any ideas?
Did you install the latest version? v2.50 should have fixed that null error... but the underlying issue is that this is happening because I'm using a new method to get load factors using a hostname that is present in the description field when vpnmon resets the connection... I take it because you added these manually, that it probably doesn't look like this, right?

1679835859623-png.48893

I'm probably going to change things up, and fall back to a different method if it comes back with a null... standby.

@sephiclo ... could you please try this, and let me know if this works for you?

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/VPNMON-R2/master/vpnmon-r2-2.50.1.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh"

Yet another minor fix published today - v2.51 is out, thanks to the keen eye of @sephiclo ... I have reverted some code for those who are manually populating slots, and would therefore not be able to utilize the new method that VPNMON-R2 uses to do NordVPN load checks... After thinking about it, this will probably also add some backwards compatibility back for those using VPNMGR.

What's new?:
v2.51 - (March 26, 2023)
- FIXED:
Added some backwards capability back in for those who are manually setting their VPN slots, and not utilizing the new method that VPNMON-R2 uses in the VPN slot description field to read part of the NordVPN server hostname in order to do load checks. This will also hopefully add more backward compatibility for VPNMGR as well, since I believe it sets its own description field info for its own purposes.

Download link (or update within AMTM)
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/VPNMON-R2/master/vpnmon-r2-2.51.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh"

Crossing my fingers this is the last iteration!! :)

Last edited:
I updated and as you said it fixed everything. Thank you.
Did you install the latest version? v2.50 should have fixed that null error... but the underlying issue is that this is happening because I'm using a new method to get load factors using a hostname that is present in the description field when vpnmon resets the connection... I take it because you added these manually, that it probably doesn't look like this, right?

1679835859623-png.48893

I'm probably going to change things up, and fall back to a different method if it comes back with a null... standby.
When I had the issue, I had not updated yet. I updated and as you said it solved itself, I had to re-add the CA, and credentials, but it worked after that.

@sephiclo ... could you please try this, and let me know if this works for you?

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/VPNMON-R2/master/vpnmon-r2-2.50.1.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh"
I received that input, after I had updated, I hadn't seen your post before updating so I didn't try then. I received this:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 248k 100 248k 0 0 722k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 798k

I received that input, after I had updated, I hadn't seen your post before updating so I didn't try then. I received this:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 248k 100 248k 0 0 722k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 798k
OK... yep, that's just the output of curl as it downloaded that this interim v2.50.1 -- just for testing... please make sure you update to 2.51!

I think I may have found your issue for the null... please try downloading/upgrading again, and see if that fixes your issue. What would definitely fix it is making sure you run a VPN reset, because it needs to write a new format to your VPN client slot like so:

View attachment 48893
Hi, i deleted and installed it again, after a lot of rebooting i had success. Then i tried to reset the vpn using the script and i got errors, my vpn wouldn't connect...I got the config error on Asus...I had to delete everything and install from scratch, and again i got the "null bad number"...

Hi, i deleted and installed it again, after a lot of rebooting i had success. Then i tried to reset the vpn using the script and i got errors, my vpn wouldn't connect...I got the config error on Asus...I had to delete everything and install from scratch, and again i got the "null bad number"...
Can you send a screenshot of this error please?

Can you send a screenshot of this error please
After i successfully reset the connection, if i disconnect the vpn, when i try to connect again a get a configuration error...

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 12.28.43.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 12.28.43.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 28
After i successfully reset the connection, if i disconnect the vpn, when i try to connect again a get a configuration error...
Thanks! Could you also please post a screenshot of your VPN slot/client #1, showing how its configured, and what you have in the description field?

EDIT: I think I may have another fix for you to try? As soon as Github starts working again, I'll post the new code.

Last edited:
Thanks! Could you also please post a screenshot of your VPN slot/client #1, showing how its configured, and what you have in the description field?

EDIT: I think I may have another fix for you to try? As soon as Github starts working again, I'll post the new code.

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 13.29.21.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 13.29.21.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 13.28.52.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 13.28.52.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 26
I actually just verified that it was the entry in your description field that was causing this issue -- "Client 1" apparently was able to get around my code for some reason, and used it to try to find a load on "client1.nordvpn.com", which of course comes back with null/errors.

As soon as github comes back up (they are down hard this morning), I'll get a revision posted that will fix this issue for you!

OK @kuki68ster ... please give this one a shot. Hopefully the last of the fixes coming out in this minor revision that was affecting getting NordVPN load readings for those who were using custom entries in their vpn slot description field. ;)

What's new?:
v2.52 - (March 27, 2023)
- FIXED:
Apparently the code that parsed the client slot description field wasn't as solid as I had hoped for, and thanks to @kuki68ster, was able to identify this issue. I have rolled back some of the functionality of pulling hostnames from description fields for those who are using custom entries in the description field. This should hopefully fully restore the ability to get load indications for NordVPN again.

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/VPNMON-R2/master/vpnmon-r2-2.52.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh"

OK @kuki68ster ... please give this one a shot. Hopefully the last of the fixes coming out in this minor revision that was affecting getting NordVPN load readings for those who were using custom entries in their vpn slot description field. ;)

What's new?:
v2.52 - (March 27, 2023)
- FIXED:
Apparently the code that parsed the client slot description field wasn't as solid as I had hoped for, and thanks to @kuki68ster, was able to identify this issue. I have rolled back some of the functionality of pulling hostnames from description fields for those who are using custom entries in the description field. This should hopefully fully restore the ability to get load indications for NordVPN again.

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/VPNMON-R2/master/vpnmon-r2-2.52.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh"
No success...Getting Error - check configuration!

Also getting wan down, even when i can access the internet no problem...

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 20.01.17.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 20.01.17.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 20.19.48.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-03-27, às 20.19.48.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 26

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!