What's new

WAN > WAN DNS Setting > DNS Server > Assign > Default (disabled)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

schaggatron

New Around Here
Hello,

I've tried (and still am) searching Google and here on the forums for why my "Default" ISP radio button is disabled in my DNS settings. This was disabled in 386.7 and is still in 386.8 even after a default reset. I've tried 3 different browsers (Edge, Chrome, & FF). In incognito mode and regular. Also with and w/o extensions enabled. I know I'm missing something, but I have yet to figure out what exactly. I don't suppose anyone may know why or can point me in the right direction?

edit: I realized this is in the 'Asuswrt-Merlin AddOns' forum instead of just 'Asuswrt-Merlin'. if I could delete it I would. If a mod is able to please move to 'Asuswrt-Merlin'. Sorry.

Attachments

• RT-AX88U_Asus-Merlin_v386-8_DNS1.png
    RT-AX88U_Asus-Merlin_v386-8_DNS1.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 101
  • RT-AX88U_Asus-Merlin_v386-8_DNS2.png
    RT-AX88U_Asus-Merlin_v386-8_DNS2.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 103
It's because you have configured your "WAN Connection Type" to be Static. If you don't use DHCP (e.g. "Automatic IP") you have to configure the WAN network settings (including DNS) manually.

It's because you have configured your "WAN Connection Type" to be Static. If you don't use DHCP (e.g. "Automatic IP") you have to configure the WAN network settings (including DNS) manually.

Thank you! I'll contact my ISP and get their DNS servers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!