What's new

Warning on Chenbro ES34069 enclosure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

germ

Occasional Visitor
I just spent the last three hours troubleshooting a new Chenbro 4 bay enclosure, which seems to be a popular option for DYI NAS boxes.

Although the chassis is reasonably well built, I have found that the two bottom drives would not turn on. To make a long story short:
- make sure the MOLEX connectors on the backplane are pushed in all the way (you'll need to pull back the motherboard mount to access the backplane)
- when inserting the disk drives, make sure you give a firm push downwards. If you only push towards the back, that's not always enough to make good contact
- this one cost me some white hair.....one of the 4 SATA cables was defective.

I just got mine, and the drives work just fine. But I had a coronary when after all my hard work nothing would power up at all. I discovered that the big power cable that supplies main power to the motherboard was not plugged into the backplane. Connected it up, and *whew* everything was ok.

Heart rate is dropping nicely back below 300 now...:rolleyes:

Price and location

Can you guys share price and/or link where you purchased the case?

thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!