Weird connection speed issue over wired network RT-AX88U

sk90y

New Around Here
I have an RT-AX88U and I am running Merlin 386.2_6 Koolshare edition. The problem is that on my main PC I am not getting full download speeds. Every other device at home is getting faster speeds than my main gaming pc. I am not sure where the bottleneck is.
When I run speedtest on the router itself I am getting this:
Untitled.png
But when I run speedtest on the computer I am getting this:
Untitled2.png
On the same server and everything. I have changed the DNS. I have tried using a type-c ethernet adapter, disabling QOS. But doesn't matter what I do the download speeds on this computer are always limited to around 2mb/s.
I am totally at a loss of what the issue can be.

Meshuggah

New Around Here
Make sure there isn't a duplex problem on your nic. To rule that out you can test speeds between your main pc and some other device on your network.
I would use iperf tool to troubleshoot network issues to find the bottleneck.

sk90y

New Around Here
I just tried it on 3 different devices. My TV, my Xbox and my phone. They are all getting good speeds. I also factory reset my router and tried out 2 different ethernet cables. It's just my gaming computer. I'll try iperf tool later today and update. I am just totally stumped. I think it might be a windows issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20210808_162555.jpg
    IMG_20210808_162555.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210808_162157.jpg
    IMG_20210808_162157.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210808-160513.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-160513.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 30

gbernard

New Around Here
I just tried it on 3 different devices. My TV, my Xbox and my phone. They are all getting good speeds. I also factory reset my router and tried out 2 different ethernet cables. It's just my gaming computer. I'll try iperf tool later today and update. I am just totally stumped. I think it might be a windows issue.
I made a batch file with the following commands, I ran it for the first time when I got 1000/50 connection as my OOKLA speeds were a fraction of the router speedtest, like yours.

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

reboot after you run it, then test again.

sk90y

New Around Here
I made a batch file with the following commands, I ran it for the first time when I got 1000/50 connection as my OOKLA speeds were a fraction of the router speedtest, like yours.

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

reboot after you run it, then test again.
Just tried it... no change still the same issue..

Make sure there isn't a duplex problem on your nic. To rule that out you can test speeds between your main pc and some other device on your network.
I would use iperf tool to troubleshoot network issues to find the bottleneck.
Screenshot 2021-08-08 213824.png
Just checked my duplex setting.. it all looks normal to me.. but I wasn't able to install iperf on my router to test that out

sk90y

New Around Here
This is not Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Koolshare is your support forum, not SNB.
I am sorry. I didn't know there was a difference. I am in china and I bought the device with this edition preinstalled. I will switch to Asuswrt-Merlin.