What's new

Weird country code on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

faria

1:ccode=E0
wl0_country_code=E0
wl1_country_code=E0

My rt-ac86u reports the above country code "EO"
According to Wikipedia E0 = World Meteorological Organization ???
Im confused, this is not a country code like "GB" for Great-Britain.

The router was purchased from amazon uk, and has an uk plug.
Does anyone know anything about it?

Last edited:
According to this source: http://www.statoids.com/wab.html, EO is the country code used by the World Meteorological Organisation for Estonia.
But I've no idea how you'd associate Estonia with the UK.
The country code that @faria has is E0 (E-zero), not EO. So it's not Estonia.

I wasn't suggesting that E0 is any kind of internationally recognised prefix. Rather, it is just a random(ish) code that Broadcom has created for use with its wireless driver. Most of the Broadcom codes correlate with recognised country codes, but there are many others that were created for specific purposes.

Here is a partial list from my router/firmware:
Code:
# wl country list | grep ^E
E0
EC      ECUADOR
EE      ESTONIA
EG      EGYPT
EH      WESTERN SAHARA
ER      ERITREA
ES      SPAIN
ET      ETHIOPIA
EU

I see, my error (and eyesight) then.
Must have been misled by 'World Meteorological Organisation' right next to E0 (E zero) or EO (E oh).

The country code that @faria has is E0 (E-zero), not EO. So it's not Estonia.

I wasn't suggesting that E0 is any kind of internationally recognised prefix. Rather, it is just a random(ish) code that Broadcom has created for use with its wireless driver. Most of the Broadcom codes correlate with recognised country codes, but there are many others that were created for specific purposes.

Here is a partial list from my router/firmware:
Code:
# wl country list | grep ^E
E0
EC      ECUADOR
EE      ESTONIA
EG      EGYPT
EH      WESTERN SAHARA
ER      ERITREA
ES      SPAIN
ET      ETHIOPIA
EU
Thanks @ColinTaylor for the info. So i can deduct by your findings that my router is a "Stateless" device:D:D:D
@Going_Strong your eyes are fine;) i had i typo on my post.

my router is a "Stateless" device:D
no its simply an EU device for all member states and even not members like Switzerland.
Stateless you could find on RT-AC68U when you change to #a (and get all possible channels visible and usable).

But sadly changing is not possible.

the country code for Estonia is 'EE' (on my 86U); there is no 'E0' (E-zero). there is 'EO' (E-oh) listed, but no country is associated with it. what about trying the country code for 'US' (United States)?

the country code for Estonia is 'EE' (on my 86U); there is no 'E0' (E-zero). there is 'EO' (E-oh) listed, but no country is associated with it. what about trying the country code for 'US' (United States)?
Sorry, who/what are you replying to? This thread was resolved over a year ago.