What's new

ZenWiFi Pro ET12 - NVRAM Country Codes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

losdelrock

Occasional Visitor
Hi there, I purchased the above from the US and when I issue:

nvram show | grep -e 'country_code\|location_code\|territory_code\|ccode'

I get:

1:ccode=US
2:ccode=US
3:ccode=US
size: 109738 bytes (86870 left)
location_code=
territory_code=US/01
wl0_country_code=US
wl1_country_code=US
wl2_country_code=US
wl_country_code=US

I live in GB and am finding that some of my Wifi devices cannot see the 5GHz network due to the router every so often choosing a control channel of e.g. 149 which my Nintando Switch etc. cannot see.

Not really keen to set the control channel manually so I was wondering if there was a guide to updating the country codes in NVRAM to the region GB and what the values are to do so?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Adrian.

channel 149 IS a uk channnel, though it's at the top of the range. The most in depth discussion on this subject I know of is in the following link, but be very careful as they're also discussion channel powers. Your's is from the US, so it's out of spec and overpowered anyway. I'm not even sure if the nvram method will work - it does with my RT-AX88U so ymmv.

Github discussion

Not really keen to set the control channel manually so I was wondering if there was a guide to updating the country codes in NVRAM to the region GB and what the values are to do so?
No you can't change it. Even if you try using the "hacks" in the second post they won't work. It may look like it's worked but it hasn't really. Channel 149 is out of range for EU devices so it's best if you manually set the channel to something between 36 and 140 to avoid problems.

Even if you try using the "hacks" in the second post they won't work
I'm sat here quite happy on 149/80. I'd open it up more but that would be pushing into out-of-bounds operation. EE routers can do 149/80 out of the box.

I'm sat here quite happy on 149/80. I'd open it up more but that would be pushing into out-of-bounds operation. EE routers can do 149/80 out of the box.
He's trying to restrict the channels of a US router to the EU specs not the other way around.

Maybe. But you said
Even if you try using the "hacks" in the second post they won't work.
Surely a typo - "won't" should be "may not"?