What's new

What is the cost of 1gb plans in your country

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just did a bump from 300/30 over DOCSIS at $104 month...

To 500/50 @ $59USD a month...

still a cap at 1.25TB monthly

Confirmation Bias aside - the subjective look/feel is entirely the same with the previous 300/30 rate plan...

I suspect things would be similar with their gigablast offer, which is 1000/100...

Numbers below are a bit lower as I'm running Cake SQM, so I under provision a bit...

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 6.01.08 PM.png

the subjective look/feel is entirely the same with the previous 300/30 rate plan...

I have 500/30, 300/30 and 100/40 residential lines. The difference is in downloads and speed test only.

I just did a bump from 300/30 over DOCSIS at $104 month...

To 500/50 @ $59USD a month...

still a cap at 1.25TB monthly

Apparently T-Mobile and 5G-FWA has had some effect on market pricing... as the 500/50 plan is very recent.
Good deal but the worst part is the cap

76 euro's in Belgium at Telenet ISP.

Depends on where you live. Where i live it's quite expensive, around 70 dollars per month. Other parts of the country it costs 30 dollars per month. That is for 1000/1000 mbit.

Sweden.

And some parts even offer 10,000/10,000 mbit for 30-40 dollars. Only in Stockholm as far as i know, from the ISP Bahnhof

Depends on where you live. Where i live it's quite expensive, around 70 dollars per month. Other parts of the country it costs 30 dollars per month. That is for 1000/1000 mbit.

That tends to mirror what my team members in the UK and Germany see - location does come into play, along with market competition - market rates, I guess...

In some areas of the UK 1000/1000 can be had for £26 after discount with Vodafone.
Their support tends to reflect the price though.

My one year bundled tv streaming/internet contract with Comcast/Xfinity was expiring on 12/2 and so I dropped the tv streaming (no cable box) for now. With tax and BS charges it was $122 for 125+ channels and the internet speed was 400/10. Of course you have to call and can't do it online so they can try to talk you out of it. They do have a new streaming service with 40 something channels for $20 per month but I declined for now.

After canceling the tv part the rep said it would be $73 per month with no contract for the same speed, 400/10. She sent an email for me to confirm and it was $83, so I questioned it. She said she made a mistake so I figured ok, whatever, it's no contract and I can make changes if needed and I confirmed it. When my internet came back up after the change I realized she had bumped my speed from 400/10 to 800/20. I could go back down but it's only $10 difference so I'm keeping it for now. I can actually go up to 1Gbps for $2 more or 1.2 Gbps for $7 more but I really don't need the 800 I'm at now. I can also drop my current 800Mbps by $8 per month to $75 per month if I sign a one year contract. All that being said, I do despise the shady tricks of the Comcast/Xfinity monopoly in many places and the internet is riddled with complaints about them. My only other choice right now is 40 or 80Mbps DSL from Centurylink and there's no way I'm going there. Sad there isn't more competition here in a town of 90,000 people.

With the overprovisioning I'm hitting 950/24 at the modem. I remember when working for a small internet company in the early 2000's we were selling T-1 lines at $1,500 a pop. Pretty cool speeds for $83 a month.

I have 500/30, 300/30 and 100/40 residential lines. The difference is in downloads and speed test only.

True that...

Once one gets to a certain downlink speed, it's really hard to see a difference - better uplink rates have helped however, and only recently have those started to improve on my provider - for a while they were offering "gigablast" with 1Gb downlink with a 10Mbit uplink...

North Central IL

I have symmetrical 5Gbit FTTH w/ a static IP for $325.00. IPTV is additional $$ of 120 a month.

What's frustrating is that ATT has been rolling out FTTH on the overhead lines, and they stopped quite literally at the edge of my lot - I have a telephone pole at the corner of my lot, and there, things go underground over to a cabinet...

I say again - it's an easement on my lot, and things go underground there... so ATT would have to start trenching to bury new fiber trom the corner of my backyard... All I can say is "wow"...

It's quite literally next house down - for ATT I would get DSL 100/20, they get 2GB...

Upside is that we're starting to see what happens with Broadband Service competition - between 5G-FWA and DOCSIS 3.1 deployments, and now GPON fiber - rates are starting to come down, and speeds for each tier are going up...

What's frustrating is that ATT has been rolling out FTTH on the overhead lines, and they stopped quite literally at the edge of my lot - I have a telephone pole at the corner of my lot, and there, things go underground over to a cabinet...

I say again - it's an easement on my lot, and things go underground there... so ATT would have to start trenching to bury new fiber trom the corner of my backyard... All I can say is "wow"...

It's quite literally next house down - for ATT I would get DSL 100/20, they get 2GB...

Upside is that we're starting to see what happens with Broadband Service competition - between 5G-FWA and DOCSIS 3.1 deployments, and now GPON fiber - rates are starting to come down, and speeds for each tier are going up...
My ISP has been deploying fiber for 4 years now...still don't have it. But still lucky to have decent 3.1.

I just discovered that Greenlight Networks is building out on my area!
I am looking into when they go live. One of the feeds coming into the village is less then 100 feet from my door.

Basic​

• FIBER connection
  • Internet speeds:Up to 500 Mbps
  • Price: $50.00/mo*
vs Spectrum 300/10 for $84.99/mo or 500/20 for $104.99/mo

• FIBER connection
  • Internet speeds:Up to 940 Mbps
  • Price: $75.00/mo*
vs Spectrum 1gig/35 for $124.99/mo

Faster​

• FIBER connection
  • Internet speeds:Up to 2 Gbps
  • Price: $100.00/mo*

Fastest​

• FIBER connection
  • Internet speeds:Up to 5 Gbps
  • Price: $200.00/mo*
Even with the current discounts for auto pay and the broadband discount (which is likely to end soon), Greenlight is a bigger bang for the buck and a total no brainer.

I recently moved and therefore moved on from Xfinity and into Spectrum territory. I was able to get 500 Mbps for $49.99 for 24 months along with a $100 Visa gift card. I also moved our two cell phones from Xfinity Mobile to Spectrum Mobile as one line with free unlimited talk, text and data was free for one year and the second line is $29.99 mo for one year. 1 Gbps was available for $69.99 but 500 is enough for now. No contracts on anything and I do have AT&T fiber available with similar pricing. The cell phone pricing made Spectrum a no-brainer. We'll revisit it after a year when the free line is up.

Within an hour of signing up, the price increased on my 500 Mbps plan to $69.99 and 1 Gbps rose to $79.99. So glad I didn't wait any longer to sign up.

Within an hour of signing up, the price increased on my 500 Mbps plan to $69.99 and 1 Gbps rose to $79.99. So glad I didn't wait any longer to sign up.

Interesting the bump... CoxHSI is close w/500Gbit, but with a 1.25 TB/month cap at $59 right now...

Had a friend sign up for Spectrum service using his T-Mobile phone (tethered) and got the 1GBbit plan for $49 - competitive offer maybe since TMHI has been making strong in roads into the Broadband market here in San Diego.

1000/100 for 80.00 a month no data caps , best i could do out in the sticks all thanks to the people buildng mcmansions in my area in the last 3 years , guess they wanted high speed ,now available up until last year I was stuck oN 10/2 DSL

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!