What's new

Windows Home Server - Can't access from inside

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi RMerlin, any idea how do I go about solving the NAT loopback on my AC87U?

When I first flash it with this firmware, it does not work. Then I left it running for a few hours, magically it works. Then few hours later, it does not work again.

Are there any settings that I need to tweak? Any logs to check for signs of misconfiguration?

First thing to test is to determine if the issue could be the DDNS not properly updating. Do your tests using your WAN IP (obtain it using a website such as whatismyip, or from the router's settings page).

Try disabling Adaptive QoS and AiProtect, in case these could interfere (they are closed source, so it's impossible to tell for sure if they interfere or not).

If you use UPnP, make sure you set the allowable ports from 1 to 65535 (default is only 1024 to 65535, which does not work properly with WHS).

First thing to test is to determine if the issue could be the DDNS not properly updating. Do your tests using your WAN IP (obtain it using a website such as whatismyip, or from the router's settings page).

Try disabling Adaptive QoS and AiProtect, in case these could interfere (they are closed source, so it's impossible to tell for sure if they interfere or not).

If you use UPnP, make sure you set the allowable ports from 1 to 65535 (default is only 1024 to 65535, which does not work properly with WHS).

Hi RMerlin, thanks for all your suggestions. I sudden recalled that I should try the most fundamental of all solution. I restore to factory settings and re-configure from scratch. (previous I just flash with the new firmware and expected it to work).

Happy with my AC87U.

Thanks for all your help, RMerlin!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!