What's new

Wireguard Wireguard amtm installation?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johndoe85

Why is there no installation of wireguard in amtm?

And the wireguard setup found here does not work. I am running a ASUS RT-AC66U B1 with 386.2_4 firmware.

pastebin output

And the wireguard setup found here does not work. I am running a ASUS RT-AC66U B1 with 386.2_4 firmware.

...that means your ASUS RT-AC66U B1 is to old to support wireguard even if wireguard were to be supported on Merlin firmware.

Last edited:
No one has yet requested it to be added.
Your router is not using kernel 4.xx... here are the current supported ASUS routers... (RT-AX56U/RT-AX58U routers run Kernel 4.xx but not sure if their install package still exist?)

1620140869683.png

No one has yet requested it to be added.

Your router is not using kernel 4.xx... here are the current supported ASUS routers... (RT-AX56U/RT-AX58U routers run Kernel 4.xx but not sure if their install package still exist?)

View attachment 33603
Hmm, I didn’t think Wireguard was supported on AX58u routers. I believe @Odkrys tried compiling a loadable module for the AX58u but it caused boot loops.
I have compiled Wireguard-go for the AX58u but am having problems compiling the Wireguard-tools package…include headers issues.
(I’m trying to compile right on the AX58u using Entware tool chain)

Any help would be appreciated ;-)

Hmm, I didn’t think Wireguard was supported on AX58u routers. I believe @Odkrys tried compiling a loadable module for the AX58u but it caused boot loops.
Ahh, that would certainly explain why the RT-AX56U/RT-AX58U support went AWOL.

I hereby officially request it to be added. :)
I would suggest that you should mention the appropriate devs with your requests to get their attention, friends. @RMerlin and @thelonelycoder I think are the official arbiters of amtm stuff

I have compiled Wireguard-go for the AX58u but am having problems compiling the Wireguard-tools package…include headers issues.

Give it a few more months, there are still alot of unknowns and question marks about these newer routers (and what they actually support). , I am sure someone will figure out the problem with a few more months of people running merlin and playing around with these newer supported router.

The news on the RT-AX56U/RT-AX58U. These model routers cpu BCM6755 appear to be some kind of armv7/armv8(aarch64) hybrid. It seems to lend most of support to ARMV7. This is probably why the compatibility issues.

The news on the RT-AX56U/RT-AX58U. These model routers cpu BCM6755 appear to be some kind of armv7/armv8(aarch64) hybrid. It seems to lend most of support to ARMV7. This is probably why the compatibility issues.
I agree about the hybrid nature. Im not sure they support 64 bit apps - like the AX88U. At one point long ago, I had compiled chrony on an AX88U. Ran great. Copied over to an AX58U and it wouldn't run. I had to setup the development environment on the AX58U and compile there.

Has anyone figured out how to put wiregaurd into the rt-ax56u?

Just install wireguard manager in amtm. Have you tried it?
AX56U would require using 386.4 (or later) with buildt in wireguard modules, as there are no custom modules for this model.

Here is a guide to get you started
https://github.com/ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager/blob/main/README.md#table-of-content

If you run into problems, post it here:

Good luck!

//Zeb

Just install wireguard manager in amtm. Have you tried it?
AX56U would require using 386.4 (or later) with buildt in wireguard modules, as there are no custom modules for this model.

Here is a guide to get you started
https://github.com/ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager/blob/main/README.md#table-of-content

If you run into problems, post it here:

Good luck!

//Zeb
I just bought mine and I have been trying to figure this out as well. I went modprobing a couple of times and I am not finding it inside my list of modules.

Code:
:/tmp/home/root# modprobe -l | grep wg.ko

cannot seem to lsmod it either

Code:
/tmp/home/root# lsmod -l | grep wg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!