What's new

Wireguard server…. Can I change my IP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
This probably isn’t possible, but I’m gonna ask anyway.
I’m hoping to get a upgraded internet connection soon, I am running an ASUS AXE16000 and I have managed to make the router a wireguard server and have devices running through with no problem.

I’m just wondering if there is any service I can pay for so that it looks like I’m based in a different country, I have a couple of apps that require me to be in the US. I’ve managed to make a WG server on a VPS but would be great if I could save the cost of other vpns.

Thanks.

I’ve managed to make a WG server on a VPS but would be great if I could save the cost of other vpns.
If you have a VPS with Wireguard setup you could use that and import configuration as wg client. Then your IP will be that of the VPS (assuming the vps is setup for this).

If you want other countries then setup VPS in that country or pay for a commercial VPN internet service.

I was hoping to get rid of the other VPNs and VPS I have. Thought if I am getting a better internet connection (hoping for about 1gb down and prob about 100 up) so my thought was I can just use the ASU’s router as a server but obviously my ip is still going to be in the uk…… I pay for a app called iFollow and F1TV pro (instead of sky sports) it to use these accounts I need to look like I’m in the USA. I was curious as to if I could use “some type” of service that was cheaper than a vpn/vps that would make it look like I had a US ip. Wondering if it would work with a smart dns or maybe a proxy (I don’t know much about either of these)

As I said it may not be possible, something to play with setting up if it’s possible.

I was hoping to get rid of the other VPNs and VPS I have. Thought if I am getting a better internet connection (hoping for about 1gb down and prob about 100 up) so my thought was I can just use the ASU’s router as a server but obviously my ip is still going to be in the uk…… I pay for a app called iFollow and F1TV pro (instead of sky sports) it to use these accounts I need to look like I’m in the USA. I was curious as to if I could use “some type” of service that was cheaper than a vpn/vps that would make it look like I had a US ip. Wondering if it would work with a smart dns or maybe a proxy (I don’t know much about either of these)

As I said it may not be possible, something to play with setting up if it’s possible.
I'm using Oracle Free Tier service for my VPS. I know I had the choice to select which country my server was located, but I don't think it's possible to change.

So, in a sense, you could setup an Oracle VPS in the US, and use this to relay your internet data. Either via proxy or wg vpn.

It's free but you need to register using a credit card.