What's new

Wireless Access Points

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abbas

Occasional Visitor
I've got the Firewalla Gold router connected to my ISP's gpon and a Unifi POE8 switch. The switch powers Unifi APs at my home that are now starting to show weaknesses. I am going to be keeping the router and switch but start replacing the APs and would ideally like ones that can support WiFi 6e through software upgrades. Are there any APs that are worth looking into? And if not, are there any WiFi6 APs that I can start with as one of my APs needs an immediate replacement.

Nice to read you got the new router, and I will look for your review in the appropriate location within the Forums.
I'm curious as to what "weaknesses"?
For an AP to have software upgrade the AP would need to have compatible hardware installed. That would be difficult with changing standards, etc.

Nice to read you got the new router, and I will look for your review in the appropriate location within the Forums.
I'm curious as to what "weaknesses"?
For an AP to have software upgrade the AP would need to have compatible hardware installed. That would be difficult with changing standards, etc.
The max throughput is on the lower side on one AP and also plenty of issued with Samsung and UniFi APs (Unifi's forum has lots of threads on this) so looking to mix things up and would like to go with an 802.11ax AP

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!