What's new

wpa2 Amazon device unable to connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alexcomputerhelp

Occasional Visitor
The wpa2 security for both Amazon devices of mine is psk. In the router configuration only aes may be selected. Did I skip over a basic step in the router options? AC56U. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, you'll have to provide more information than "an Amazon device not connecting".

Connected the Android phone. Hue. Harmony remote to wireless. Both Amazon tablets an old 3rd gen and current 7th gen Fire say authentication error. Typing in correctly. I am a network newbie and thought it could be a different security for wpa2.

Were these devices previously able to connect to this router?
Can these devices connect to another router?
Do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in your password?
Is your password particularly long (>15 characters) or short?

What firmware version is the router running?
What WiFi channel are you connecting to?

No different router to test. First time using Fire tablets. AC56U Router. Merlin firmware 384.6

More than 15 character passcode.

Try testing with a simple password on the wifi. Some devices don't like certain characters, such as periods, commas, or other special characters. For example, I have a Vizio TV that will not connect to the net if there's a period in the password. :( If I remove the period, the TV's connects just fine.

I have found in the past some devices dont like to connect if the 2.4G and 5G password is the same. Try to set different ones to test.

I have found in the past some devices dont like to connect if the 2.4G and 5G password is the same. Try to set different ones to test.
for me you had another problem
there would be no sense anymore for same SSID 2G/5G if I had to use different passwords, I would even not know which password to use as I only see the SSID without band information in Windows!

for me you had another problem
there would be no sense anymore for same SSID 2G/5G if I had to use different passwords, I would even not know which password to use as I only see the SSID without band information in Windows!
Sorry I did in fact mean SSID.