What's new

Wzr-hp-ag300h thougts -- Wireless Bridge...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

indigo196

New Around Here
I did a quick search and did not find any comments and reviews about the WZR-HP-AG300H router from Buffalo. I am hoping that anyone who has experience with them could comment as I am debating the purchase of a new wireless router.

Also, I am looking for a way to get connectivity to multiple entertainment devices (TV, Blueray player)... does anyone have any suggestions for a good consumer wireless bridge of some sort? I would like to have four wired ports.

Thanks,

I have a Buffalo HP bridge - not sure of the number. It's 11g.
Used it to brige LAN into living room for streaming video (not HD).
Worked very well. Has built-in 4 port switch too.

If you just cannot get a cat5 cable to the device...

I use MoCA now instead of Wifi. See section here on MoCA (IP over TV coax in walls).
Others use IP over power line. I would use that if there's no TV coax - as power lines are interference prone. "HPNA" is one such standard.

Buffalo has not been as popular a choice in routers lately. They suffered a setback when they had to stop selling wireless products in the US due to a patent infringement suit that has since been settled.

We're waiting for Buffalo to send the product for review.

Dual-band N bridge options include:
Cisco Linksys WET610N
D-Link DAP-1522

I also have a Buffalo G Ethernet Converter

Until recently it worked fine but then just stop working. Its been used for several years so I guess it was time for it to stop.

Now I am using a Linksys Super G USB for my HTPC and my new laptop only has G but its I get max speeds from our AT&T U-Verse connection (25Mbps-28Mbps).

However I recently tried to move some files (15.9GB) across this network and I was appalled by the slow speeds (1.46Mbps) and 4 hours it took to move those files.

So I've been looking to speed up the network because I also plan to build a WHS 2008/2011 server in the very near future and didn't want to run Cat5e/Cat6 even though I can make my own cables, I don't feel like running around the crawlspace.

My options were Power Line 200Mbps (Western Digital, Brite-View, etc) or Buffalo N Router + 2 Port N Ethernet Converter.

I am leaning towards WiFi as I've always got excellent connection (full bars on all devices) from the 2Wire U-Verse Router. Buffalo has a strong signal and the converter connect 2 devices I need connecting without wasting any ports and opening up a USB port on my HTPC.

Its only slightly more for the wireless setup over power line.

I two would like to see more Buffalo products reviews, the price is right. They have no router over $100 currently and have 2 excellent bridge products, one with four ports and one with two.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!