What's new

x3mRouting x3mRouting ~ Selective Routing for Asuswrt-Merlin Firmware (1-Nov-2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone know how to set this up so the following services will use the WAN IP for devices set to use the VPN:
Netflix, BBC I player, ITV Hub, All 4, My 5, Now TV, Amazon Prime

I've spend ages reading old threads, the GitHub, etc. and can't get anything to work, keep getting error messages when attempting to run commands. Does this script still work?
Sorted.

BBC iPlayer:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 BBC dnsmasq=bbc.co.uk,bbc.com,bbc.gscontxt.net,bbci.co.uk,bbctvapps.co.uk,ssl-bbcsmarttv.2cnt.net

Netflix:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 NETFLIX dnsmasq=netflix.com,nflxext.com,nflximg.com,nflximg.net,nflxso.net,nflxvideo.net,amazonaws.com

Amazon Prime:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 AMAZON-GLOBAL aws_region=GLOBAL

ITV Hub:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 ITV dnsmasq=itv.com,itvandroid.2cnt.net

All 4:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 ALL4 dnsmasq=channel4.com,ssl-c4android.2cnt.net

My5:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 MY5 dnsmasq=channel5.com,c5androidads.2cnet.net

NowTV:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 NOWTV dnsmasq=sky.com,nowtv.lightstreamer.com

Last edited:
I had to avoid using VPN Director and instead created the nat-start file as suggested above. On I use VPN Director, then Unbound and Diversion don't work

He’s not been on the forums for 5 months now. Massive shame As this functionality was key enough for me I’m considering alternative routers / firmware. Does anyone know if other firmwares can do what this was doing?

He’s not been on the forums for 5 months now. Massive shame As this functionality was key enough for me I’m considering alternative routers / firmware. Does anyone know if other firmwares can do what this was doing?
I'm still using x3mRouting script with VPN Director. What issues are you guys having?

I fear he may have left more than this building ... there has been no activity on his Linked-In or FB accounts for 5+ months either - and no response to emails sent to his email address ...

Hopefully one of the many brilliant coders on this forum will pick up the project [if not the Maestro himself given his implementation of parts within VPN Director].

Hopefully I can help someone having issues with Hulu while using x3m script.

The last few days, I kept gettting an internet connection error while using x3mRouting script and Hulu to bypass VPN. I installed the x3mRouting Utility scripts and run the following 2 commands:

Code:
sh autoscan.sh scan=hulu
asn hulu.com

Below is the updated lines for hulu that I'm running within the nat-start script:

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 HULU asnum=AS23286,AS16625
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 HULU dnsmasq=hulu.com,hulustream.com,akamaihd.net,conviva.com,omtrdc.net

Hope this helps someone still using x3mRouting.

It seems there is now a solution for those seeking the ability to direct devices by intended destination over VPN.
See this thread and the posts which follow :D

So is the domain that x3mrouting uses to fetch asnums down. Every time I run the script x3mRouting ipset_name=MyIPSET asnum=I Want - I'm getting a 0 for the IPset list.

So is the domain that x3mrouting uses to fetch asnums down. Every time I run the script x3mRouting ipset_name=MyIPSET asnum=I Want - I'm getting a 0 for the IPset list.
It looks like it, same issue here.

It looks like it, same issue here.
So two questions 1. If this is down is there any way to create the IPSET maybe by changing the domain.
2. I notice every time I reboot the router the IPSETS clear, and I have to rerun the script. Is there a way to just keep the list the same and they don’t keep having to be recreated ?
3. Is there any other way to create this IPSET now that asnum method is down.

So two questions 1. If this is down is there any way to create the IPSET maybe by changing the domain.
2. I notice every time I reboot the router the IPSETS clear, and I have to rerun the script. Is there a way to just keep the list the same and they don’t keep having to be recreated ?
3. Is there any other way to create this IPSET now that asnum method is down.
A quick look into it:
it does not seems to be down , BGPView API · Apiary, but i dont know why isn't working.
The ipsets should be save on /opt/tmp/ and stay there, i just created a dummy Asn entry and rebooted and its was there.

I Use a combination of Asn and dnsmasq Method, Since ASN isn't working its using dnsmasq Method .

Also note that if you use Adguard-home dnsmasq Method will not work as it disables dnsmasq logging witch is required to harvest domains/ips.

Thing is, i dont know when it stopped collecting ASN entries, i found out a few days ago by accident but i thought since i was testing adguard that it may had something to do with it, i was going to look into it but did not have time.
Whats your firmware version?
(Current Version : 386.5_2)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-10 221011.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-10 221011.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 68
so how do I use the IPv4 addresses meaning generate the ipv4 addresses of an ASN number. Is there anyway other than this website to get all the IPs of an ASN number…to create a manual file:

Manual Method​

The manual method is used to create IPSET lists from a file in the backup/restore directory containing the IPv4 addresses and/or IPv4 CIDR format that you created manually, either using an editor, script or other method to populate the file with IPv4 addresses.

Manual Method with 'ip=''​

The manual method with 'ip=' parameter is used to create IPSET lists from one or more IP addresses separated by a comma.

so how do I use the IPv4 addresses meaning generate the ipv4 addresses of an ASN number. Is there anyway other than this website to get all the IPs of an ASN number…to create a manual file:

Manual Method​

The manual method is used to create IPSET lists from a file in the backup/restore directory containing the IPv4 addresses and/or IPv4 CIDR format that you created manually, either using an editor, script or other method to populate the file with IPv4 addresses.

Manual Method with 'ip=''​

The manual method with 'ip=' parameter is used to create IPSET lists from one or more IP addresses separated by a comma.
Because I have not been able to use the dnsmasq method.

Xentrk/asn: ASN/IPv4/IPv6/Prefix/AS Path/Organization lookup tool (github.com)

search using the streaming service name:
bbc - bgp.he.net

create a file on the /opt/tmp/
call it my "myips."
find the ips you want and add to the file1 by 1 like:

save it

the run the following command, this will send traffic via wan, change accordingly.
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0  myips ip=/opt/tmp/myips
So i'm using https://bgp.he.net/AS20940#_prefixes to get the IPS but there are a lot of iPS is there a faster way to just get the iPS cause I can't copy and paste each one

So I have a question.. I use a streaming app from my cable provider Altice asnum=AS6128. I have a whole bunch of IPS that I unblock for that and it does work. Is there a way to find the specific ip prefix used for the app instead of unblocking every IP in that asnum? So meaning when I click sign in on the app shouldn't it connect to some specific ip? is there a way to monitor what it connect's to?