What's new

XT8 FW 3.0.0.4.386.26044 breaks Sonos

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bantonsson

New Around Here
Hi,
Just wanted to share if anybody runs into the same issues.
Upgraded to the 3.0.0.4.386.26044 firmware on my XT8 and all my Sonos devices started acting flaky.
They were all on the WiFi but I couldn't control them from any apps and they couldn't connect to play music.
A quick downgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.25790 and everything is working again.

Hi,
Just wanted to share if anybody runs into the same issues.
Upgraded to the 3.0.0.4.386.26044 firmware on my XT8 and all my Sonos devices started acting flaky.
They were all on the WiFi but I couldn't control them from any apps and they couldn't connect to play music.
A quick downgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.25790 and everything is working again.

Hi
So glad I'm not the only one!

I'm running a pretty basic setup (router +1 mesh node) and after the update (this week) have started experiencing a bunch of strange things. Sonos definitely started misbehaving (couldn't even see speakers in the app) and getting unable to connect errors. We also started seeing WiFi Calling playing up, so not just Sonos. Think mesh related, because when turned off the mesh node forcing everything to connect to the main router things stabilised, but kind of defeats the purpose of the mesh and coverage.

I have downgraded from the Management GUI (just download the previous version of firmware and select to update) and everything seems stable again (will post if anything changes). Ps I did the main router followed by the mesh node (so x2).

Hopefully something they sort soon.

Andrew

I transitioned from Sonos to HEOS about a year ago. Updated my 2 XT8s (router and 1 mesh node) the day the FW was released and have had zero problems.

Thank god I found this, was about to return the XT8, I am having the exact same issue. I also have an Eufy 2K Indoor Cam and it misbehaves too, it seems that there is an issue with the 2.4GHz network and streaming devices, as Sonos and Eufy are the both streaming devices connected to this network and they stopped working.

HERE

Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
2021/02/01 72.67 MBytes
ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
1. AiMesh 2.0
- System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
- System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, and all bands can release for wireless clients.
- System factory default and reboot.
- Client device reconnect, make the device offline and online again.
- Client device binding to specific AP.
- Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware)
- Access nodes USB application.

Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction

How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions

2. New Family interface in ASUS router App.
ASUS Router App for iOS must greater than iOS v1.0.0.5.75
Android version greater than v1.0.0.5.74

3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server. The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

5. 2.4 and 5G settings on the network map could modify in the same tab.

6. Captcha for login can be disabled in the administration -> system.

7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

8. Clients who connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface

9. Added IPTV supports for a specific region.

HERE

Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
2021/02/01 72.67 MBytes
ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
1. AiMesh 2.0
- System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
- System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, and all bands can release for wireless clients.
- System factory default and reboot.
- Client device reconnect, make the device offline and online again.
- Client device binding to specific AP.
- Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware)
- Access nodes USB application.

Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction

How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions

2. New Family interface in ASUS router App.
ASUS Router App for iOS must greater than iOS v1.0.0.5.75
Android version greater than v1.0.0.5.74

3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server. The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

5. 2.4 and 5G settings on the network map could modify in the same tab.

6. Captcha for login can be disabled in the administration -> system.

7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

8. Clients who connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface

9. Added IPTV supports for a specific region.
Yeah, that is beta firmware and clearly marked as such...

Anyone try Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793 that came out today? If so, any issues with Sonos?
Thanks for letting us know about the update.
Did anyone had a chance to test it with Sonos already?
I won't have time until the weekend to mess around with the router. If you don't have a reply by then, I will test it and let you know.

Yeah, that is beta firmware and clearly marked as such...
Asus released two Firmwares back to back and made it complicated. But the one below is Feb 1st released.
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 16.11.04.png

Asus released two Firmwares back to back and made it complicated. But the one below is Feb 1st released. View attachment 30184
Think I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on this one...a prodction FW version and a beta released on the same day gives me pause...and since I don't have any issues with the current FW, and no Sonos equipment anymore...

@wags1 I don't read it as you do?

Security Fixed:
Fixed CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

Please be noted this is a quick fix beta version for DNSmasq vulnerabilities.

Seems worthy of at least Beta status and testing too, to me.

@wags1 I don't read it as you do?

Seems worthy of at least Beta status and testing too, to me.
Not sure I’m clear as to what you mean but net is I’ll give it a week or so and see what experience others have with it before I upgrade my production XT8s.

LOL...two on the same day...leave it to Asus. I clicked on your link but did not click on “Show all” below the beta FW, go figure...
Bahaha I had the same issue was looking at the page for awhile to see this little expand button. Dear ASUS I’m a UX designer looking for a job :p (j/k)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!