What's new

XT8 - possible to use 5GHz-2 in Bridge mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

preacher65

Regular Contributor
Hi, question is as per the subject - does anyone know if it's possible to use 5GHz-2 in Bridge mode? It seems to be limited to 5GHz-1 for the bridge.

When I try manual settings for the bridge, and select 5GHz-2, it goes into a mode where the LED flashes blue, which appears to mean it's trying to join a mesh.

Does entering details for the 5GHz-2 network automatically put it into AIMesh mode?

Many thanks

I don't know if that will work or not. I do know that when you put a satellite XT8 in bridge mode, the main unit sees it as a plain old client, not an AIMesh node. So possibly the step you are missing is to configure the main unit to allow client connections on the 5GHz-2 radio. (By default, it'll only allow 5GHz-2 connections for wireless backhaul from AIMesh nodes.)

If you have success, please let us know! (And mention which ASUS firmware version you're using, because it likely matters.)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!