What's new

YazDHCP: Can I use when upgrading AC86U to AX86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WMConey

Regular Contributor
Yes, I know I'm being lazy here, but I wonder if I can export the DHCP reservation list from my ac86 and then import it on my new ax86 to save a lot of time in moving everything over to the new box.

Thanks in advance!

More than likely, no.

@Jack Yaz, I don't go out of my way to give a wrong answer. I am answering to the best of my ability (and memory). Sometimes I will be wrong, sometimes not. This time, I was.

No worries!

I'll try my best too.

sorry for being abrasive, im just at the end of my patience with this forum lately. perhaps a problem of my own doing by releasing so many scripts!
Hi Jack,
I can understand the frustration at times. If it helps I have found your scripts really useful and appreciate all the effort required to maintain them. Your (and other's) contribution make Asus/Merlin a great solution for many, many people.

Thanks !!

More than likely, no.

Just to improve your understanding of how YazDHCP works for your future reference it exports the DHCP reservations as a CSV file which makes it possible to move the list between routers even if they are different models or running different versions of Merlin's firmware as long as the receiving router is also running YazDHCP.

Of course! I should have known that @Jack Yaz would only code it properly! Thank you for sharing this.

sorry for being abrasive, im just at the end of my patience with this forum lately. perhaps a problem of my own doing by releasing so many scripts!
Your scripts along with Merlin's firmware are what keeps me going with Asus. Your scripts are very useful for providing data to check my network and in my case specifically to the OP importing my huge list of static reservations using YazDHCP. Thanks for all you continue to do!

Hey @L&LD , you are a great contributor to this forum. 98% of your advice is knowledgeable and well received.
Every once in a great while you do go a bit "over your skis" in trying to help. Many of us do! But, thanks for all your posts and responses (the 98%)

Besides, annoy @Jack Yaz one more time and you will have me (and likely other script users) to answer to. ;-)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!