What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Little POC of a new feature in the next version
Improved WebUI validation is coming too:
1626622075672.png
5911585e54.gif

Last edited:
i cant see anything there that should fail validation. can you try via option 1 of yazfi over ssh please and let me know if it gives more info?
Seems that I missed a step possibly?

The only other thing out of the ordinary that I can think of would be what I did to setup the VPN client via the basic guide by the provider.
https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1047410642/AsusWRT-Merlin-setup-with-NordVPN.htm

I'm not sure if this is important but I haven't set the WAN DNS like the guide suggested. Currently the Yazfi device points to the master router. This may be a separate conversation but it's the only out of the normal thing I have done since re-configuring my network. Also, for now I haven't touched the kill switch settings as mentioned in the guide either.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Master1.jpg
    Master1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 104
  • YazFi device.jpg
    YazFi device.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Seems that I missed a step possibly?
What is the IP address of the router running YazFi? Per your layout.jpg image in a prior post it appears that router's IP address is 192.168.3.1. If so, you appear to have a possible conflict since Guest Network 2 appears to be using IP address 192.168.3.0 in YazFi per image 1.jpg in an earlier post. Try adjusting the YazFi IP addresses so they don't use the same IP address range as the router's IP address range and don't conflict with each other and see if that clears up the error you are getting.

Indeed, you are correct. Not sure how I missed it. Probably because I wasn't paying attention to guest 2. Everything is up and running perfectly. Thank you very much for spotting that. :)

@Jack Yaz AsusMerlin 386.3_beta2 and beta3, OpenVPN client option "Redirect Internet traffic through tunnel" got reset to Blank after every reboot or start/stop client via new VPN Director. This happened with YazFi enabled for "Redirect all to VPN". I only have YazFi add-on installed.

does no-one bother reading anymore?

I'm looking for testers of YazFi and the upcoming VPN Director firmware feature (currently in beta). Is anyone interested?
I'd offer to help but I don't use any sort of VPN (right now) on an Asus Merlin router (ETA: I also typically do not use beta Merlin versions), so not sure what assistance my set of eyes would provide as I doubt I'd even do anything more than just look VPN Director page to see what it is.

I'm looking for testers of YazFi and the upcoming VPN Director firmware feature (currently in beta). Is anyone interested?
Happy to help in this area , already running 2 different VPN’s and Guest #1

Last edited:
I'm interested.

does no-one bother reading anymore?

Hi, sorry my bad, I'm volunteer, can help right now. PM me.

Well, I got my AP working in router mode, but I'm not sure that I'm any better off yet. Here is the setup for the "AP" following guho's directions:

The AP is connected to the main router via LAN to LAN port.

Advanced Settings - WAN
  • WAN connection type - Static
  • Enable WAN - Yes
  • Enable NAT - No
  • Enable UPnP - No
  • WAN IP - 192.168.0.2 - This is not a subnet that I am using.
  • Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
  • Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1 - This is not a subnet that I am using.
  • DNS Server - Set to LAN IP of my main router.
Advanced Settings - LAN
  • LAN IP
    • IP address - Set to private IP addy on the LAN address range of the main router.
    • Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
  • DHCP Server
    • DHCP server - disabled.
  • LAN - Route
    • Static route enabled
      • Host IP and netmask set to 0.0.0.0
      • Gateway set to LAN IP address of my main router
      • Metric is null
      • Interface is LAN
Advanced Settings - Firewall
  • General
    • IPv4 firewall - disabled
    • IPv6 firewall - disabled
When I connect to the regular wireless networks on the AP, I can readily access everything on the LAN and on the internet. YazFi was successfully installed on the AP. If Guest networks are enabled, and YazFi is not operational, guest networks from the AP can only access the internet when "Access Intranet" is enabled. With YazFi enabled along with full isolation from LAN and other clients, there is no LAN or internet access. Perhaps the key issue here is that the AP (in router mode) is still connected to the main router via the LAN port on the main router? Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Isn't it possible to run the AP in AP mode and then install custom scripts and Yazi on the AP? I just switched from AI Mesh to AP mode and am considering doing this myself. I think this should work so long as you don't want any of your guest devices communicating across the same guest network name that's on the router and AP. I haven't thought this through or attempted it, so there's likely something else to consider.

Isn't it possible to run the AP in AP mode and then install custom scripts and Yazi on the AP? I just switched from AI Mesh to AP mode and am considering doing this myself. I think this should work so long as you don't want any of your guest devices communicating across the same guest network name that's on the router and AP. I haven't thought this through or attempted it, so there's likely something else to consider.
AP mode lacks firewall and DHCP, so YazFi can't run its magic.

They're in different subnets. They won't see each other.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!