What's new

Yellow warning in game port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
I have a desktop with 2,5g rj45 port connected to game port of my rt-ax86s router. In management gui the port appears yellow with a warning message of speed. Initially i supposed that the problem was the adjacent usb 3.0 with usb stick in disturbing communication. So I moved in usb 2 port but the warning persists.
The cable is a brand new cat8 cable. Tested speed and reach 280mbs without problem (internet is a radio 5g modem). What I can do. Any your similar experiences?

Regards
Olindo

I have a desktop with 2,5g rj45 port connected to game port of my rt-ax86s router. In management gui the port appears yellow with a warning message of speed. Initially i supposed that the problem was the adjacent usb 3.0 with usb stick in disturbing communication. So I moved in usb 2 port but the warning persists.
The cable is a brand new cat8 cable. Tested speed and reach 280mbs without problem (internet is a radio 5g modem). What I can do. Any your similar experiences?

Regards
Olindo
Bad cable or bad port. And you only need a CAT 5e cable to do 2.5 GB.
Also, the AX86S does not have a 2.5 GB port and the "Game Port" is LAN port #1.

Try a different cable.

Bad cable or bad port. And you only need a CAT 5e cable to do 2.5 GB.
Also, the AX86S does not have a 2.5 GB port and the "Game Port" is LAN port #1.
The cable is new and is an expensive 11eur cable on amazon. I will try to move in other port. But 1 is "game port" even is I think is BS

The cable is new and is an expensive 11eur cable on amazon. I will try to move in other port. But 1 is "game port" even is I think is BS

I think one other person saw some strangeness with the colors of the ports a while back. What speed/duplex are the router and PC reporting? As long as they are both 1000/Full you're good. If anything else then you need to check settings/update driver on the PC, some 2.5G ports do not negotiate properly. The router may be warning that it is coming up at half duplex or something.

Last edited:
Cost is rarely an indicator of quality in the 2 digit range.

Fanny! I powered up my desktop and port icon turned green. I shutter down desktop and icon is yellow again. frack!
I will move back my usb stick on usb 3.0 port

I think one other person saw some strangeness with the colors of the ports a while back. What speed/duplex are the router and PC reporting? As long as they are both 1000/Full you're good. If anything else then you need to check settings/update driver on the PC, some 2.5G ports do not negotiate properly. The router may be warning that it is coming up at half duplex or something.
I check 1g both

Fanny! I powered up my desktop and port icon turned green. I shutter down desktop and icon is yellow again. frack!
I will move back my usb stick on usb 3.0 port

That's because when in low power mode (sleep or off with WOL enabled) the port will go to 100M or 10M. Totally normal.

Like many switches, I'm assuming asus is doing
Green = 1 gig
Yellow = 10/100

Regards
Olindo
I notiiced a similar isue while mayking my goulosh yasterday. I dind't think to try mooving the usb. I give that a try and report back.

Got same warning coming and going but I don't really pay attention on this anymore. I have tried few different cables lying around including cleaning up the ports/ checking backend connections. It doesn't effect the speed at all. I think it's just a bug in GUI. sometimes it's yellow on phone app but green on web GUI itself. also tried changing to different Lan port. it's just fake warning

Got same warning coming and going but I don't really pay attention on this anymore. I have tried few different cables lying around including cleaning up the ports/ checking backend connections. It doesn't effect the speed at all. I think it's just a bug in GUI. sometimes it's yellow on phone app but green on web GUI itself. also tried changing to different Lan port. it's just fake warning

It should mean the port is operating at 10 or 100 meg (common when the attached device is sleeping or powered off but still connected for wake on LAN). Though it could be a bug.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!