What's new

ZenWiFi AX XT8 Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

no problems with resets

Anyone else experience that router reboots when you log in to WEBUI/ and / or the Asus router app?
I made a reset but still same problem.
I had some dns problems but they were solved with a full nvram reset. Now I do not have any problemsa at all with XT8. But I do not use the app, only the webui.

Updated and still having unreliability with Sonos app and speakers (errors about unable to connect to device, etc). Getting quite tired and frustrated with my XT8 setup. Have been stuck on release 25790 for a while and looking like may need to downgrade yet again! My setup is ultra vanilla, one router + 1 mesh node. If anyone has come across similar issues be interested to hear if have managed to resolve.

Thanks
I gave up trying to use my Sonos with the router's wifi, constantly losing speakers or not able to play anything. I plugged one into the router directly and all the speakers reappeared. I then used the iOS app to remove the wireless network from my system and it's been fine ever since on the SonosNet.

Not sure how others are having success with this firmware version. With a bone stock/non-modified wireless backhaul setup, my node has been losing connectivity with the three latest firmware versions. Running firmware 25790 everything works fine. Puzzling and troubling none of the prior firmware releases have resolved this...

Anyone else experience that router reboots when you log in to WEBUI/ and / or the Asus router app?
I made a reset but still same problem.

Nope, been up for 10 days now, and I go the web admin GUI at least once a day to check things out. Also have the Asus Router app on my phone and iPad, and no problems going to that, either. The only reason that it's only 10 days is that I tend to do things that require a reboot now and then. Been very stable, and the speed at the remote has been stable over the last days as well...very impressed with that, given not using ethernet backhaul.

I did do a full reset and a power-cycle after going to this firmware, though.

After updating to this version of the firmware, the indicator on the router is red, the web interface of the router does not open, the Internet works but slowly.
Has anyone else updated?
Yes, after upgrading my two ZenWifi AX nodes went offline despite using Ethernet backhaul. The main ZenWifi AX router continued to work, but slowly (perhaps the DNS issue explained here), but the major problem was obviously the nodes going offline. Downgrading to the previous version (the beta, 9.0.0.4.386_41994) things started to work again.

Last edited:
I had problems until I did a nvram clear. All perfect now.

You can shutdown a band easily. I have 5ghz-2 turned off. In professional settings, set "enable radio" to "no" in the band you want turned off:

View attachment 32607
Have you tried this yourself? If you disable it, you get a warning "this can affect Aimesh performance".

Have you tried this yourself? If you disable it, you get a warning "this can affect Aimesh performance".
Yes. I do not use Mesh, but it shows that message. Mesh will still works but will not use the band you shut off. I do not rememeber why do you need to stop a band.

Are you sure that Aimesh will still work?
Can't be sure, as I have only a single XT8, but the message says "may affect". In fact it is affected because smart wifi has less bands to choose, but I thinbk it will keep on running. Why do you need to stop a band?

Can't be sure, as I have only a single XT8, but the message says "may affect". In fact it is affected because smart wifi has less bands to choose, but I thinbk it will keep on running. Why do you need to stop a band?
I turned the radio's off like you said: and it did not work!

Reason why I want to turn it off: I don't use those bands and why keep it on if you can turn it off.

I fixed it already. Go to AiMesh --> node --> management --> radio's --> turn off the radio's.

I turned the radio's off like you said: and it did not work!

Reason why I want to turn it off: I don't use those bands and why keep it on if you can turn it off.

I fixed it already. Go to AiMesh --> node --> management --> radio's --> turn off the radio's.
I only know the message you accept when turning a band off ("aimesh may be affected". Only "may"). I have had 5GHZ-2 turned off without problems. Now I have started using SmartConnect. Always preferred different ssids for each band, until now. I have to fine tune it on "network tools" to make better rules, but now, with "load balancing" in triband mode, runs ok,

I only know the message you accept when turning a band off ("aimesh may be affected". Only "may"). I have had 5GHZ-2 turned off without problems. Now I have started using SmartConnect. Always preferred different ssids for each band, until now. I have to fine tune it on "network tools" to make better rules, but now, with "load balancing" in triband mode, runs ok,
What do you mean with load balancing? What is the advantage of smartconnect?

What do you mean with load balancing? What is the advantage of smartconnect?
Load balancing is one of the features of smart connect:

1617995424667.png

That way router tries to share all bandwith moving devices from a crowded band to another. But I'm new to smart connect. (started using one week ago, before I had 3 ssids). I have to fine tune this section, but it is ok now. At least, there are no problems at all.

I gave up trying to use my Sonos with the router's wifi, constantly losing speakers or not able to play anything. I plugged one into the router directly and all the speakers reappeared. I then used the iOS app to remove the wireless network from my system and it's been fine ever since on the SonosNet.
I have no issues with Sonos using their Boost plugged directly into one of my router’s Ethernet ports. I did have to change the Sonos’s broadcast channel a couple of times, and because Sonos uses the 2.4 ghz bandwidth, it’s important to adjust several settings in the router GUI to minimize interference (disabling Airtime Fairness, enabling AMPDU, enabling pre-emptive Bluetooth coexistence, etc). You can also specifically choose whether to use channels 1, 6, or 11 on the Sonos Boost and then set the router to avoid those channels on the 2.4 ghz bandwidth.

As far as attempting to use Sonos components without the Boost, I have never tried, and cannot imagine why anyone would prefer this—the Boost is cheap and simplifies the mess of the router having to contend with all those IP assignments.

Could you share your setup and what specific issues you confronted with the router configuration? I’m just curious…

Load balancing is one of the features of smart connect:

View attachment 33006

That way router tries to share all bandwith moving devices from a crowded band to another. But I'm new to smart connect. (started using one week ago, before I had 3 ssids). I have to fine tune this section, but it is ok now. At least, there are no problems at all.
Well the 5GHz-2 band is the fastest and has the most bandwith. Do you need more than that?

Well the 5GHz-2 band is the fastest and has the most bandwith. Do you need more than that?

I only need stability, not speed. Only need no devices disconnected, the voip ata prioritized, and nothing else. Don't understand your question. I just let router share bands the way it wants, as speed is not as important for me as stability. I want to set the router and forget it (as I did with my old Asus dsl). Tried a TPLink last year and now it is in a drawer, forgotten for ever. 2'4 devices get lost connetion, there are threads with 40 pages in forums about Archer C6 problems. The firmware that added mesh features, broke 2'4 band.

Hi,
I'm going to add some hot bugs to the discussion... After upgraded to the latest FW my AX8 permanently crashed and rebooted for couple hours. I've posted my issue to ASUS Customer Service Center, I have sent them all logs and system settigs... They could not solved the problem - sugessed to processed RMA procedure with my seller, which I have managed. Now I have got a new one AX8, the same network topology and... the same problem! Any suggestions? TIA;)

Attachments

• syslog (2).txt
    492.9 KB · Views: 108
I only need stability, not speed. Only need no devices disconnected, the voip ata prioritized, and nothing else. Don't understand your question. I just let router share bands the way it wants, as speed is not as important for me as stability. I want to set the router and forget it (as I did with my old Asus dsl). Tried a TPLink last year and now it is in a drawer, forgotten for ever. 2'4 devices get lost connetion, there are threads with 40 pages in forums about Archer C6 problems. The firmware that added mesh features, broke 2'4 band.
Well my node crashed. No good idea to turn off any band.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!