Very Senior Member
I own two AX88U router and both with Merlin's firmware installed and half a dozen scripts running. Both router perform excellent even with high memory usage scripts running such as Snort or Suricata. What are some of the reliability problems that you're experience?First thing first
- XT8 will not get as great support as RT-AX86U or RT-AX88U
- I am using RT-AX88U for 1 and 1/2 years and even this thing has been a buggy mess as of today. Third class reliability all round.
- Asus makes excellent hardware. But when it comes to software, these routers bounce hard and fall into cow dung
- You can still buy Zen XT8, but you will forever continue to be a beta tester and keep fingers crossed hoping that everyday on waking things work as they should.
- Simple things like PPPOe, DDNS and more complex things like Dual WAN are unreliable at best.