What's new

ZenWifi Pro ET12 Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 6ghz connection problem on node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deerhound

Occasional Visitor
I set up my new mesh system ET12 and it seems to work quite nicely so far, except for one little problem. My 6E devices are all Samsung. A S21 Ultra phone, a S22 Ultra phone, and a Tab S8 Ultra. The 2 phones connect to 6E on both the home router and the Aimesh node. The Tab S8 Ultra connects properly to the 6E
on the home Router, but when I try to connect on the node, it reports "wrong password" and doesn't connect. If I connect on the home router and walk into the room with the node, it appears to switch to the node and work. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? Currently I am in a support circle with both manufacturers blaming the other. I don't have an idea of how to figure which device has the problem. Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks
Dale

I reset both routers and switched them around. Still can't log in to 6ghz on the node with the Tab S8 Ultra and it still connects to the main router 6ghz.

I reset both routers and switched them around. Still can't log in to 6ghz on the node with the Tab S8 Ultra and it still connects to the main router 6ghz.
Sucks that this is an issue for you. If you're running Asus's firmware on them. Normally there's a "Feedback" tab within the webgui. Which you can report this issue to Asus to make them aware, and hopefully fix in a timely manner.

Personally I have nothing to suggest in terms of fixing the issue right now for you. Seems like a bug between the two devices. Definitely seems like something on Asus side. So I feel It's best you report it to them, and see if they can resolve it quickly.

I'm not sure how you're trying to connect to the node, specifically?

If it works when you're roaming, I don't understand the issue?

Have you tried using a different SSID and password, both strictly alphanumeric, with no spaces, punctuation, or smiley faces? And 8 characters long for the SSID and 16 characters for the password.

I just got a message form the Samsung Members forum that another person, with 2 GT-AXE11000 routers in mesh is having the same problem. Seems like Samsung just might have a software problem with the Tab S8 Ultra.

I just got a message form the Samsung Members forum that another person, with 2 GT-AXE11000 routers in mesh is having the same problem. Seems like Samsung just might have a software problem with the Tab S8 Ultra.
Were you able to resolve this? I've got an ET12 and a Tab S8 Ultra in the mail.

No resolution yet. I am very impressed with the speed the Tab S8 Ultra gets on the 5ghz band, you will like it.

This thread is a little old, but I felt I should mention that I am experiencing the same issue. My Samsung S21U phone works fine on 6GHz with both the primary and secondary ET12s, but my Tab S8+ works only on the primary. That said, I had no issues with 6E connectivity on any node of my previous mesh, a NetGear Orbi RBKE963 (it had plenty of problems, but this wasn't one of them).

My ZFold4/ZFold3/Tab S8+ all fails to connect to 6E on ET12 AiMesh nodes except for the one as "router" (or more properly named, the one in AiMesh management mode). My ROG X13/X16/Z13 all connects to 6E on all AiMesh nodes just fine.

Similar issue here. Have the ET12 and no matter what I do, I cannot get the "router" (no matter which physical device I try - I have 2) to appear to broadcast a 6ghz signal. Says fine in settings, tried switching them round, resetting firmware, you name it. The node is the only one broadcasting my "_6G" SSID. Very weird.

The 5G is fine speed wise, so it's a wash, but still, would be nice to get what I'm paying for.

Due to either physical box working the same - just on the node - I think the firmware still needs time to mature.

After an extremely slow exchange with ASUS' support, they're now saying now that my ET12 has a hardware issue and they're issuing me an RMA. This is a pretty stupid response, given that I get the same results swapping the "parent" for the "child" node (I can connect to the "parent" node @ 6GHz regardless of which physical device is functioning as the parent; At the same time I cannot connect to the child node).

Additional note: I'm still (fortunately) within my return window with Amazon and have requested an exchange. I suspect I will have the same experience with the replacement unit, but in the end, I believe this is a firmware problem that will eventually be rectified once enough people experience and report it.

I find it appalling that Asus could not test it given that the Samsung devices in question are widely available. I will offer to donate one of my "older" device for them to test.......

Additional note: I'm still (fortunately) within my return window with Amazon and have requested an exchange. I suspect I will have the same experience with the replacement unit, but in the end, I believe this is a firmware problem that will eventually be rectified once enough people experience and report it.
Please let me know how it turns out, I'm starting a return request and the rep i talked to just escalated my case. I was on my phone for an hour. I'm wiped out and will have to return to my efforts tomorrow, you get quite a headache attempting to understand the rep's accent. He seemed quite nice though.

Please let me know how it turns out, I'm starting a return request and the rep i talked to just escalated my case. I was on my phone for an hour. I'm wiped out and will have to return to my efforts tomorrow, you get quite a headache attempting to understand the rep's accent. He seemed quite nice though.
Replacement ET12s arrive on Wednesday. I'll definitely post a follow-up ...

Replacements didn't arrive until today. Finished setting them up about an hour ago and just got back from dropping the originals off for return to AMZN at the UPS Store.

Same results ... S21U connects to 6E fine on both nodes, Tab S8 Plus connects to 6E only on the parent node.

Replacements didn't arrive until today. Finished setting them up about an hour ago and just got back from dropping the originals off for return to AMZN at the UPS Store.

Same results ... S21U connects to 6E fine on both nodes, Tab S8 Plus connects to 6E only on the parent node.
Thanks. I guess I will give up. 5ghz I very fast also.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!