What's new

[ 3004.388.5 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Not sure what makes it work for 24h already, but... that works
160Mhz and it actually counts!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115_185042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115_185042_Chrome.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 142
GT-AXE16000

Official firmware (3.0.0.4.388.23012): i'm not able to use the 160mhz channel for more than 30 minutes.

Almost two days with this alpha and so far i didn't notice a single fall back to 80mhz.

👍👍👍

28h.
Something IS CHANGED.
WIsh I knew what.

Longest time since the counter got to 28h.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115_225627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115_225627_Chrome.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 106
28h.
Something IS CHANGED.
WIsh I knew what.

Longest time since the counter got to 28h.
Celebrate when you get to 13 days :D
I've had 160Mhz stable since the latest broadcom wifi drivers were added (was it 388.4?).

Last edited:
Celebrate when you get to 13 days :D
I've had 160Mhz stable since the latest broadcom drivers were added (was it 388.4?).

Woo that is a lot.
The Broadcom drivers are same, so it's gotra be something else.

Another interesting thing, is when I hit 60 days, it just crash and uptime reset.
Not sure why/ what causes it.

Not sure if this is correct but under QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor, even though I have Apps analysis set to off, yet after a few seconds on that page, I start seeing values

1700107293886.png

Once I do I then I jump over to the classification tab I see a bunch of entries for a few seconds, and the they disappear and the bandwidth monitor values go back to zero.

When I click referesh on the classification page, I get this message?

1700107599802.png

Going back to Bandwidth Monitor, I then get the values after a few seconds and can then see entries on the classification page, for 3 seconds at least...

1700108002190.png

Note QoS is off and TrendMicro Privacy revoked...

Last edited:
Not sure if this is correct but under QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor, even though I have Apps analysis set to off, yet after a few seconds on that page, I start seeing values

View attachment 54234

Once I do I then I jump over to the classification tab I see a bunch of entries for a few seconds, and the they disappear and the bandwidth monitor values go back to zero.

View attachment 54235

Going back to Bandwidth Monitor, I then get the values after a few seconds and can then see entries on the classification page, for 3 seconds at least...

View attachment 54236

What alpha ver. are you on?

View attachment 54234

View attachment 54235

View attachment 54236

I noticed the same issue. I am on the 2nd. Alpha (...bf24)

Simply click the link at the bottom of that page (Bandwidth Monitor), in it it states clearly the necessity for TrendMicro (Apps analysis only or?) and what is what and how it works.
As far as I know... For me it works just fine.

Last edited:

View attachment 54234

View attachment 54235

View attachment 54236

I can solidly confirm this, but i've had this behaviour since the first version of alpha1.

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:
To clear up MORE confusion.... The ...bf24 version of alpha1 is the second release of alpha1. 🤪
Anyone else having issues with QoS, I have noticed that enabling it should be followed by a power cycle.

What alpha ver. are you on?
Latest, 3004.388.5_alpha1-gea1e2fbf24 only looked at this because of what was in the items in the change log with the latest Alpha...
(Updated signature for clarity)

CHANGED: Display tracked connections on the QoS/Classification
page even if QoS isn't set to Adaptive QoS.

FIXED: Various issues with the QOS Classification page

Last edited:
Simply click the link at the bottom of that page (Bandwidth Monitor), in it it states clearly the necessity for TrendMicro (Apps analysis only or?) and what is what and how it works.
As far as I know... For me it works just fine
But initially it works even if QoS and TrendMicro is off, if only for a few seconds. When it stops go back to Bandwidth monitor, wait a seconds for it to populate then go to the Classificatons tab where its populated for 3 seconds (default in GUI), until it expires and cleared in the GUI. Hitting refresh gets you the message about turning on QoS or TrendMicro (as it should with both off) . Going back to Bandwidth monitor, wait a second for it to populate, then to Classifications for it to populate again if only until the timer in the GUI expires ( 3 seconds default). Hitting Refresh Manually causes the error message, going back to Bandwith Monitor bypasses it again and again. Which it shouldn't do with QoS and TrendMicro turned off...

Don't know if this happend in prior 388 releases but this is not the first time my issues with QoS deciding to start working (see my previous posts, mainly https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-4-is-now-available.86428/page-28#post-866233) even with both settings disabled...

Last edited:
But initially it works even if QoS and TrendMicro is off, if only for a few seconds. When it stops go back to Bandwidth monitor, wait a seconds for it to populate then go to the Classificatons tab where its populated for 3 seconds (default in GUI), until it expires and cleared in the GUI. Hitting refresh gets you the message about turning on QoS or TrendMicro (as it should with both off) . Going back to Bandwidth monitor, wait a second for it to populate, then to Classifications for it to populate again if only until the timer in the GUI expires ( 3 seconds default). Hitting Refresh Manually causes the error message, going back to Bandwith Monitor bypasses it again and again. Which it shouldn't do with QoS and TrendMicro turned off...

Don't know if this happend in prior 388 releases but this is not the first time my issues with QoS deciding to start working (see my previous posts, mainly https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-4-is-now-available.86428/page-28#post-866233) even with both settings disabled...
When you visit the Bandwidth Monitor page when Adaptive QoS is off, it temporarily enables the bwdpi engine to perform the per device Bandwidth Monitoring. It doesn’t deactivate right away when you leave the page. It takes a few seconds. You usually see syslog messages about idpfw (or something like that) when you visit the page.

So my 5 gigahertz is completely unstable now. I can't connect to it. It connects and then boots me off. Here's my log file

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    467.6 KB · Views: 21
When you visit the Bandwidth Monitor page when Adaptive QoS is off, it temporarily enables the bwdpi engine to perform the per device Bandwidth Monitoring. It doesn’t deactivate right away when you leave the page. It takes a few seconds. You usually see syslog messages about idpfw (or something like that) when you visit the page.
The mystery gets deeper. Going to the system log to look for this, as I've seen this prior with my previous QoS issue (that one of your previous posts on a similar topic, helped me to resolve) nothing in the log. So I tried to repeat it to see if for some reason I may have missed it scrolling back through the log. Now I can't replicate it, nothing on Bandwidth Monitor, and I get the Message that QoS and TrendMicro being off instantly, as I should. Oh and nothing in the log either... Something else has to be triggering it (as documented in my original issue with 388 releases) or disabling it as its working as it should now.

This leads to the next question, if Privacy and QoS is revoked/disabled why would it get enabled and should it?
What could be my issue, why didn't it do this behavior in the prior 386 releases (and before, I've had it disabled/revoked since forever going back to my AC5300's years ago.)?

Last edited:
The mystery gets deeper.

Perhaps because you do the same mistake every single time testing firmware with bunch of scripts on top, some of them unsupported and completely unaware of 388 firmware. Previous time scMerlin was bugging your GUI by showing hidden items and you were unable to figure it out yourself.

Perhaps because you do the same mistake every single time testing firmware with bunch of scripts on top, some of them unsupported and completely unaware of 388 firmware. Previous time scMerlin was bugging your GUI by showing hidden items and you were unable to figure it out yourself.
Nope, no scripts after this happened. Also because of that, I did a full reset and went back on stock ASUSWRT firmware too and it happened the exact same way during the last time. Any other ideas?

Edited: Based on those "hidden items" (http://www.asusrouter.com/Advanced_QOSUserRules_Content.asp) because QoS was off, exposed in the GUI by ScMerlin. I was able to resolve the first issue with QoS starting up randomly on its own and cutting my bandwidth by 50% until recovered by a reboot, by setting Bandwidth Reservations (disabling all by setting them to 100%) and Limits (disabling all Highest Priority Packets). Imediately got bandwidth back as a result as soon the changes were applied without a reboot. Never did figure out why it started up and it still haven't. But I did minimize the impact, guessing the root cause is buried in deep in the ASUS code (closed source) since it also happened in native ASUSWRT in the exact same way.

1700192258801.png

Last edited:
So digging around just now I found when the I think I found when BWDPI engine started but not why...

Master@Router:/tmp/bwdpi# cat dcd.stat

***** data_colld statistics ************************************
start_time : 1700108152 (2023-11-15 23:15:52)

By the way this happens to be at the same time I was initially posting about this (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/3...ng-available-build-s.87452/page-6#post-875672) but even though I tried the same things again, it doesn't show it started up again 🤨

Master@Router:/tmp/bwdpi# bwdpi
Usage :
bwdpi [iqos/qosd/wrs] [start/stop/restart]
bwdpi dc [start/stop/restart] [ptah]
bwdpi stat -m [mode] -n [name] -u [dura] -d [date]
bwpdi app [0/1]
bwpdi device
bwpdi device_info -m [MAC] -p [IP]
bwpdi get_vp [0/2]
bwpdi wrs_url
bwpdi checksize path size
bwpdi get_app_patrol
bwpdi get_anomaly [0/2]

Any suggestions on how to, or even if I can get any history via bwdpi from the command line, can I even get more detail?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!