What's new

AC87U Seagate Backup Hub USB3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gatecrasher63

New Around Here
Basically this just doesn't work as far as I can see. Drive works OK on USB2 but is just not even recognised on USB3. It works fine on USB3 on a PC.

I am assuming that it is because this drive has a built in hub and the router software does not support hubs on USB3.

Is that correct? Is there any hope that USB3 will get hub support in the future?

Thanks

Make sure you disable USB 3 Interference Reduction under Wireless Professional.

USB 3 hubs aren't supported probably because of the age of the kernel.

Make sure you disable USB 3 Interference Reduction under Wireless Professional.

USB 3 hubs aren't supported probably because of the age of the kernel.

I found that option under 2.4G (only) but it was already Disabled.

If anyone considers buying one of these drives to connect to the USB3 port check you can return it if it doesn't work.

On other threads I read that someone had got a USB3 hub plugged into the USB3 port and it worked fine. But everywhere else I have seen this discussed they say Hubs on the USB3 port are just not supported.

I plugged in a basic USB3 (5 way hub) and none of the drives I plugged in were seen.

I have this drive along with 2 older (previous gen) Seagate 8TB drives connected successfully through a USB2 Hub plugged into the USB2 Port. Slower but at least it works.