What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Since I finally took care of the most important issues with 7266, I decided to upload some early builds in the Test Builds folder on Mediafire. As usual, these are provided without any support, and are work-in-progress.

Some major changes coming to my professional life in the coming weeks, so I don't know how much development time I will be able to put into this in the coming weeks. So far, I haven't planned anything regarding 380.66, so this is just a GPL merge (was nice for once to have ALL the binary blobs for all supported models), and the usual random fix and tweaks here and there.

Code:
bd7fdd4 Bumped revision to alpha 2
97cb3bd Updated documentation
2292033 webui: cleaned up indentation on Tools->Other Settings page (no code change)
f3c7469 webui: add setting to disable wanduck's DNS probes
d174cd4 Merge pull request #1259 from blackfuel/upstream
fe27c86 Provide separate binary blobs and wireless driver for AC3100 as they're not entirely identical to the AC88 ones
3b22668 Merged binary blobs for RT-AC88U from 7266 GPL
dcd47a1 wl: revert to older version for AC88U, the AC3100 version from 7266 causes AdaptiveQoS to stop marking packets after a while
b9c3079 samba: add gitignore to Samba 3.0.33
5a2dd53 openvpn: add support to the ovpn importer for the "proto" keyword; extend the "remote" keyword to also support the proto parameter if present
6f125de Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into upstream
8f8fcf9 shared: Add the physical notify_rc.o binary blob, referenced through symlinks
56b9ed7 Updated documentation
3f86a28 firewall: log accepted new outbound connections (if logging is enabled)
ec59c40 curl: fix warning at build time, moving flags to CPPFLAGS and LIBS
0acc483 rc: Revert "rc: Kludge to support GPL 3831 with binary blobs from 32xx-34xx" (no longer required)
ac1fdea Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into upstream
79d5a27 webui: escape quotes in client names when building clickable client list, fixes DHCP page (and possibly others)
c4277cc webui: add missing variable to state.js, fixing the Apps page
8769145 webui: fix broken WOL page if client name contains single quotes
d5c1104 rc: move Merlin-specific nvram conversion/upgrade code to the new format.c source, and run it at the same time as Asus's own version conversion code
1cddc24 rc,shared: Add new prebuilt binary blobs
949c67a build: add new closed source blobs for AiCloud's sync clients
5a46c52 Tor firewall: use new Asus function addr_type_parse()
fc95554 Updated documentation
05b9ace Revert "kernel: ipv6: honor IPV6_PKTINFO with v4 mapped addresses on sendmsg (backported c8e6ad0829a723a74cd2fea9996a3392d2579a18)"
ac3773a kernel: ipv6: honor IPV6_PKTINFO with v4 mapped addresses on sendmsg (backported c8e6ad0829a723a74cd2fea9996a3392d2579a18)
d71498d openvpn: allow disable DH usage by entering none in the DH field
cced648 kernel: fix reuse-after-free in DCCP (backport from 5edabca9d4cff7f1f2b68f0bac55ef99d9798ba4)
9e665fc rc: merge binary blobs from RT-AC3200
bf26819 shared: add missing symlink to notify_rc.o for RT-AC66U
761f9aa build: rename IPSEC option to IPSECMOD, to avoid clashing with Asus's own IPSEC option
09a4791 openssl now requires makedepend to be installed - document it
5b65381 qos: Fix GPL 7266 breakage of Bandwidth Limiter (patch from Asus)
961f278 httpd: fix potential buffer overrun introduced in previous commit, as src buffer was too small by 3 bytes
55a7fd0 webui: clarify the label of the new source field on the port forward page
4718100 webui: support user-defined source IP on the Forwarded Port list
8988177 openssl: Fix building, following GPL 7266's removal of rc4
1b567d7 Merge with GPL 7266
50ad9fc Updated documentation
2f4be88 Bumped revision to 380.66 alpha 1
251a846 Re-apply GPL 4180

f3c7469 webui: add setting to disable wanduck's DNS probes
Are you planning on keeping that setting in Tools / Other settings: Wan: Use DNS probes to determine if WAN is up (default: Yes)?
Thanks for the preview, startup is error free, works really well so far.

Are you planning on keeping that setting in Tools / Other settings: Wan: Use DNS probes to determine if WAN is up (default: Yes)?

For now, yes. But things can always change.

Thanks for the preview, startup is error free, works really well so far.
@thelonelycoder: Are you planning to turn this off?

flashed this early alpha2 on my ac-3200 over 365.0....all working well.....

Since I finally took care of the most important issues with 7266, I decided to upload some early builds in the Test Builds folder on Mediafire. As usual, these are provided without any support, and are work-in-progress.
In the "system log" port forwarded ports, almost all entries are in the wrong slots. e.g. in the port range section it's showing the protocol(UDP/TCP) instead look at other sections too, see pic. I'm not sure if port forwarding is properly implemented because of these?

RT-AC68P

Attachments

• forwarding.jpg
    forwarding.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
Code:
3f86a28 firewall: log accepted new outbound connections (if logging is enabled)
Log is now too chatty that outbound is being logged. I can see the value of the outbound logging when the router is compromised but as a result it obscures the rare WAN accepted inbound logs. Can inbound accepted logs be separated from the outbound logs?

this is the only organized and constructed properly
firmware out in router world as I type
This is going to hurt

Major changes coming to my professional life in the coming weeks, so I don't know how much development time I will be able to put into this in the coming weeks.

Let us know which routers you are going to work on so I can purchase it!

@RMerlin, do you have someone in mind to take over your operation if you have less development time? Will miss better firmware builds over ASUS' crapware. It's sad that ASUS employs so-so programmers. I have been using Asus Routers since 2012. 66u, 68u, and 87u all performed flawlessly during updates from you.

Log is now too chatty that outbound is being logged. I can see the value of the outbound logging when the router is compromised but as a result it obscures the rare WAN accepted inbound logs. Can inbound accepted logs be separated from the outbound logs?

Use a remote syslog server, and then filter out log output when accessing that log.

For a home router, that level of logging is mostly intended for troubleshooting, not for security monitoring. Logging only part of the traffic is worthless if security is your concern - if you truly need that level of monitoring to be used permanently, then you need to monitor outbound connections to determine if there's any unintended connections occurring from a compromised system.

Assumptions, answering for others, all good things must come to an end.

Let us know which routers you are going to work on so I can purchase it!

this is the only organized and constructed properly
firmware out in router world as I type
This is going to hurt

A few people around here need to learn to read prior to posting.

Eric said he would have less time for development , that is all.

Nowhere has he said he is giving up Merlin or changing to any other brand.

The internet is already overloaded with hysteria and false conspiracies , let's not have that here at SNB forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.