What's new

[Alpha][MU-MIMO] Early preview of 380.59

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

is this anything in the system log :

kernel: ipt_account 0.1.21 : Piotr Gasidlo <quaker@barbara.eu.org>, http://code.google.com/p/ipt-account/
or is it just an acknowledgement of some one who participated in kernal code.never saw it on other builds I have used.
ac56r
thanks

is this anything in the system log :

kernel: ipt_account 0.1.21 : Piotr Gasidlo <quaker@barbara.eu.org>, http://code.google.com/p/ipt-account/
or is it just an acknowledgement of some one who participated in kernal code.never saw it on other builds I have used.
ac56r
thanks

This is a third party module I used for IPTraffic. It will only be loaded if you enable IPTraffic.

Flashed 380.59 A1 earlier today on the RT-AC3100 no issues works fine. Thanks Eric ! :)

so far fine on the ac56.no issues tho I always reset after flashing.
thanks

see there is on for the ac56u ohh boy.gonna give it a try.
thanks
What's different between this firmware and the stable firmware? More WiFi signal strenght or just speed?

so just the code no stats or 2 way street info?
thanks
jack
It's just a standard Netfilter module. It's not uncommon for kernel modules to insert a copyright notice in syslog.

The module has been in my firmware for about 3 years now, it's nothing new.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Whats different in Alpha 2 for the 3100 i didn't notice any changes in the change log ? Alpha 1 is working solid is there any reason to upgrade ?

Looking for Alpha 2 in Test builds folder for AC68, but i see nothing .Normal? :)
Yes, I don't have the necessary GPL components for that model.

Whats different in Alpha 2 for the 3100 i didn't notice any changes in the change log ? Alpha 1 is working solid is there any reason to upgrade ?
Based on 380_2697.

If a model is not available for download then it's because I can't compile it.

Yes, I don't have the necessary GPL components for that model.

@RMerlin
Do you recommend 380.59 alpha 1 for the RT-AC68P as stable? I'm running 380.58 but stability hasn't been the greatest for me, so I was really hoping to jump on 380.59 early but should I wait for alpha 2? The changelog says that 380.59 is based on 380.2345 but since the highest GPL for the AC68 at the time of the release (3/26) was 380.1842, am I correct to assume that is what it is using? I tried 380.1031 and 380.1842 and both were complete garbage.

Just out of curiosity, you responded earlier today saying that you couldn't create an alpha 2 because you didn't have the necessary GPL components. I see that there was a GPL source release for 380.2695 on 3/28. Do you need something >= 380.2697?

Merlin question will all your further updates be based on 2697 and 2345 has been phased out ?

Either 2697, or any non-beta Asus might release before the 380.59 final release, provided they release it early enough, and it contains the required components to compile enough different router models to justify the move.

Do you recommend 380.59 alpha 1 for the RT-AC68P as stable? I'm running 380.58 but stability hasn't been the greatest for me, so I was really hoping to jump on 380.59 early but should I wait for alpha 2? The changelog says that 380.59 is based on 380.2345 but since the highest GPL for the AC68 at the time of the release (3/26) was 380.1842, am I correct to assume that is what it is using? I tried 380.1031 and 380.1842 and both were complete garbage.

Alpha 1 was based on GPL 380_2345 as reported. I don't necessarily need the same GPL release for every models, as long the older binary components remain compatible with the newer code.

Can't really comment on its stability, it was only released as a preview. I haven't done any testing at all on it.

Just out of curiosity, you responded earlier today saying that you couldn't create an alpha 2 because you didn't have the necessary GPL components. I see that there was a GPL source release for 380.2695 on 3/28. Do you need something >= 380.2697?

Those GPL archives are incomplete, and are missing all the closed source components, including the wireless driver itself. The only complete archives are for the models you see in the download folder.

Alpha 1 was based on GPL 380_2345 as reported. I don't necessarily need the same GPL release for every models, as long the older binary components remain compatible with the newer code.

Thanks for the reply. One more question :) Do you think that these issues with 380.x and the RT-AC68 have to do with the binary components or the code?