What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I also have a Tp-link RE450 extender (last firmware may-2016) and ... everything works perfectly.
As I said in other posts (and also to Merlin) I do not like the way in which the DHCP Server Asus manages the Extender, but that's another story.. :)
Your problem probably is this firmware with 87U (I think).

What's your router? I also belive the problem is the 87U...
The DHCP in Server Asus can be the problme?

Strange..... After reverting back to 380.60B2 on my AC5300 I have full access again to all pages again including this one. I'm also up to full speed (250/100)...

I clearly doupt that my Swedish ISP will blacklist several newspapers in sweden and several public stores...

Is your ISP public IP address the same within each firmware? If not, then it must be (blocking).

Are you just flashing the new to the router firmware without doing a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

I'm trying to upgrade with this new alpha build to my 87U, the bar progress does not shows and the router reboot and keep the old beta2 firmware, any idea?

I have a Tp-link RE450 extender (last firmware may-2016) and I cant extended at 5GHz, this GLP code can be the issue?
Be sure to not have any USB drive hooked on it , reboot and retry flashing

Is your ISP public IP address the same within each firmware? If not, then it must be (blocking).

Are you just flashing the new to the router firmware without doing a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

No...absolutly No...I am doing a full reset every time I flash a router. have done so the last 10 years. And always via hard wire, never WiFi.
IP number from ISP is the same.

Exactly the same problem I have with 380.61A2 I had with 380.59 on my AC5300. 57, 58 and 60B2 works absolutly with no issues found.
On my AC68U also 59 works. .......Funny isn't it?

I have flashed both my routers with 380.60B2 and they both work rock solid. Will not upgrade for a while.

More than 3 days running flawlessly on AC5300 :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 16.58.49.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 16.58.49.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 670
Try to disable Teredo IPv6 Tunneling in Windows.

1) launch Command Prompt as administrator in Windows 10

2) disable:
Code:
netsh interface teredo set state disabled

If it not solve, You can go back by:
Code:
netsh interface teredo set state type=default

I don't have IPv6 turned on, but I tried it anyway. Didn't fix the problem. Thanks for the try though......

Reset data did clear the log entries but still no data saved after 2+hours.
Will try factory reset later. Thanks!
(ac66u)

Did the factory reset solve your problem? I'm having the exact same issue.

Sorry to report unstabe 2.4 GHZ WIFI with some of my devices running 380.61A2 on my N66R (yes I had done a factory reset). While my iPod and Android tablet seemed to work well an HP laptop and Dell laptop had problems loading pages and streaming video (not at the same time). I used the restore utility to go back to the good old stable 380.57!

No...absolutly No...I am doing a full reset every time I flash a router. have done so the last 10 years. And always via hard wire, never WiFi.
IP number from ISP is the same.

Exactly the same problem I have with 380.61A2 I had with 380.59 on my AC5300. 57, 58 and 60B2 works absolutly with no issues found.
On my AC68U also 59 works. .......Funny isn't it?

I have flashed both my routers with 380.60B2 and they both work rock solid. Will not upgrade for a while.

Just to confirm then, full reset and you don't use a backup config file to enter the settings as you need them (i.e. manual configuration)?

I am new here and just bought a 68U.

The router updated itself automatically and I fonud that there's no support for my DDNS provider, changeip.com. so I thought I can install merlin, just to found out the new anti downgrade lock.

I wanted to downgrade but the rescue more doesn't work for me. the router is flashing power led slowly but asus firmware restoration tool couldn't find my router. I have set my Ethernet to 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0. tried both LAN port and WAN port. the router doesn't respond to ping at 192.168.1.1 neither. I tried 192.168.0.10 for my PC, same.

so I installed alpha 1 last week, but it is not working correctly for me. The router seems extremely busy, the web admin page is not responding most of the time. Web browsing is similar. not responding some of the time. I tried a factory reset, same.

So I went back to original firmware while the admin page is responding. Everything is fine again.

Now I have installed alpha 2 on top of official firmware 380. Seems the web setup is responding this time.

And now DDNS is fine with custom script. thanks.

Yes, unless you want to read up more on Linux memory management and how to track memory usage in details (I don't know how). My own RT-AC88U had over 30 days of uptime until I flashed it earlier this week, and one of my customers has an RT-AC68U with over 90 days of uptime in his office.

I've been using Chrome for years at home, and all of my development and tests are done with Chrome.
I reset my router and try starting with just Network(Samba) Share/Cloud disk which I it every day, RAM usage went up by 20MB within 2days, but I'm not sure if having 15 more users will cause about that much RAM increase or not. Do you have Network Share/Cloud disk enable?

Just to confirm then, full reset and you don't use a backup config file to enter the settings as you need them (i.e. manual configuration)?

True. No config file used. All settings from scratch each time.

What do you mean my blocking you from webpages? Did it redirect you to router's page saying something about connection? If that is the case, I had it too, not sure which firmware I was using(between 380.59 to 380.61 alpha 2). When that happened, router's GUI says that WAN is disconnected, but I could access some websites still and not this website.

I don't get redirected. I just can't access the webpage. No message received. Just nothing happens... Only with 380.59 and 380.61A2. All other versions works flowless. And only on my AC5300. On my AC68 all firmware works....

Just checked my wifi speed- and I consistently get the full 150 Mbps down on 5GHz. That never happened to me before! (I'm 10 mtrs away from my RT-AC68) Yay!

Since upgrading to alpha 2 on the 88u, I seem to be getting stronger, more reliable, 5G signal. It was not bad before, but clients seem to be picking up stronger signal from areas where they did not before. For example, I was just using my ipad pro out on my roof deck, and it indicated it had excellent 5G signal. In the past, I would have had to switch back to 2.4.

Strangely enough though, while the clients are claiming very strong signal, and the GUI is showing decent 5G speed on the router, it is showing low signal in areas where the clients themselves are self reporting strong signal. This is not new. I've noticed that there is a disagreement between the ASUS GUI and the clients for quite some time. I do not know what to make of it.

I'm on 380.61 a2 (on RT-AC68U) and I have problems to configure a port forwarding rule for the 3TB USB 3.0 HDD attached to the router. I use Deluge 1.3.12 and it appears to be not connectable from the tracker website when I have enabled Firewall no matter what NAT Loopbak i use Merlin, ASUS or NONE. With firewall disabled it works fine, it's seen as connectable from the tracker website. Any suggestions? I don't like to have firewall disabled, how can I solve this problem?

Hi Merlin,

Some feedback for you on 380.61A2 on two RT-AC3100s. The first AC3100 performing normal router duty seemed to run fine on the this firmware. The second Ac3100 in AP mode would run fine for a few hours and then all of a sudden the 2.4GHz band would start showing up as a 5GHz band on a 5GHz channel. I could still get into router configuration, but sure enough, under the 2.4GHz band, it would only show 5GHz channels for selection.

The actual 5 GHz for the AP seemed to have shut down even though the configuration page showed it on. My scanner was what gave me a clue it was not broadcasting at 5GHz.

Never seen this before. The AP is brand new, so it could have some different internals.

Ended up going back to 380.60 beta 2 on both devices and all seems fine at this moment after a couple of hours.

Cheers,

Pat