What's new

[Alpha] RT-AC88U Firmware version 9.0.0.4_380_2339

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smart Connect on RT-AC88U ?!? Screen ?

Yes, they added Smart Connect support to the RT-AC88U. It's just the same as on the RT-AC3200, except there's only two bands instead of three.

Last edited:
Hi

Attachments

• 881.jpg
    881.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 589
Take it this will have the same issue as Merlins re not being able to connect to Movistar via pppoe?
Link doesn't work so i can't test.

From where you have this info?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yes the RT-AC88U supports FA aka Flow Acceleration !
can You show me screen with active FA? I can't find confirm. broadcom also not write about FA in spec BCM47094,
In spec BCM4709A0 FA is main feature in spec.

I read review in HWZ forum and i see only ctf

The RT-AC88U currently does NOT support FA.

But is planing to implement it? And broadcom support FA ?

But is planing to implement it? And broadcom support FA ?

No idea. All I know is that it's not compatible with GMAC3, which is currently enabled in the firmware, so they disable BCMFA.

Why the fixation on FA anyway? It's more marketing than anything.

Vant write that wth FA on AC87U CPU load 0%...

Vant write that wth FA on AC87U CPU load 0%...

All FA does basically is accelerate traffic that goes through the switch, at the cost of having to disable virtually every advanced feature of the router. Since you can easily hit gigabit routing performance with just CTF alone, FA won't make any real difference in every day usage.

In general, places that sell one don't sell the other. So quite often, people don't really have a choice. That would explain why they have the same price, while originally there was a 20$ difference between them.

Well, I would love to buy an RT-A88u - (the one with EIGHT ports), but I can't find any retailers in Canada that are selling it - all that seems to be available is the ac-3100 version with FOUR ports.

You really need 8 ports ? 8 ports is still to low for somethings more in network and still need additional swith.
But is only my opinion.

But better has 8 ports than 4. I have ac88u and switch cisco sg200 with also 8ports

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!