What's new

ASUS AC-RT66R -> Netgear SRXN3205 via VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

denali

Occasional Visitor
Howdy,

Since both of these units support VPN, is it even possible to connect these? I'm getting ready to have knee surgery soon, and I'd like to connect to work via VPN so I can access my files over the network.

I have access to the admin sites for both routers, but what I know about VPN would fit in a thimble. I've tried asking for help on the Netgear site before, but it wasn't productive. I'm not sure what I'd need to provide in order for y'all to answer my question, so if you can tell me I'll be glad to provide it.

denali

Any suggestions? I will say this... The ASUS thinks it has connected to the Netgear, but the Netgear doesn't think a connection has occurred. On the ASUS VPN connection screen, there is one of those swirly circles that shows it's doing something, but it never seems to finish, what ever it's doing. I don't know what info to provide to help with this, but I'm will to provide anything in order to get some advice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!