What's new

Asus firmware or Merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

roldogg

Regular Contributor
I saw today where Asus released a new version of their firmware for the RT-AC66U, and one of the things it says it fixed is the incompatibility with the Seagate Goflex Home NAS. I've been trying to fix mine for days. I can see the drive when I ping it, but since I've been using their Seagate Dashboard and Memeo Premium to backup my computers and server for so long, I feel like I need to switch back to the Asus firmware to correct this issue since I have very sensitive data backed up in real time from my server (I work from home). I've been using Merliin's build for a year of so and don't quite know what to do. I'm running the latest Merlin build of 374.40, but I'm still having trouble with my Goflex Home NAS. Any suggestions? Merlin, I read where you're taking a break, but is there any possibility that these issues with the Goflex Home could be corrected in your build?

I saw today where Asus released a new version of their firmware for the RT-AC66U, and one of the things it says it fixed is the incompatibility with the Seagate Goflex Home NAS. I've been trying to fix mine for days. I can see the drive when I ping it, but since I've been using their Seagate Dashboard and Memeo Premium to backup my computers and server for so long, I feel like I need to switch back to the Asus firmware to correct this issue since I have very sensitive data backed up in real time from my server (I work from home). I've been using Merliin's build for a year of so and don't quite know what to do. I'm running the latest Merlin build of 374.40, but I'm still having trouble with my Goflex Home NAS. Any suggestions? Merlin, I read where you're taking a break, but is there any possibility that these issues with the Goflex Home could be corrected in your build?

374.40 is already based on the 374_4561 code from Asus, so it should contain all the same fixes.

With the asus 374_4561 firmware is fault with the asus web cloud, while merlin
.40 works fine, why?

RT-AC66U

Not sure what you are referring to, sorry.

With firmware ASUS 374_4561 Smart Sync Asus WebStorage dont work (there is no file synchronization), while merlin .40 works fine, why?

RT-AC66U

No idea. I don't use it, and most of that code is closed-source.

Once I powercycled everything, it was all working again. I agree with you on the software. I started using it years ago to backup 2 laptops, a desktop, and a server on my network. I liked the idea of it establishing 3 different drives for each computer, a personal drive to store information to that other users can't see, a backup drive for each user independently, and then a shared drive for all users. Now, I'm come to discover that this benefit comes with a downside, if the software isn't working properly, then none of the drives exist and none of the data is accessible. I'd like to change how it's setup now because of this, but I feel stuck at this point since I've been using it for so long. Do you know of a different way I can use this NAS setup with these features but not be tied down with their interface?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

It also has a Web based interface so I can access the data from any of the PCs when I'm not home.

I've created a batch file on the server to backup the SQL database daily, but I'm about to switch the functionality of the server to a hosted Web based version so soon I won't have to worry about keeping these drives independent.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!