What's new

Asus Router Wifi Disabled After Ethernet Port Enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fairmarketvalue

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus RT 3100 router with the latest firmware. I have set up a 2.4 G and 5 G wireless networks, each broadcasting a separate SSID. When I connected my PC running the latest version of Windows 10 to the router via Ethernet cable, both wireless networks became disabled. I tried rebooting the router but no joy - the wireless networks remained disabled. After disconnecting the Ethernet cable and rebooting the router, both wireless networks still remain disabled. (The wireless status lights on the router remain unlit.) Since everything on my home network runs on wireless, I need to regain wireless capability ASAP. I've come here because I know you guys are the experts! Any suggestions for re-enabling wifi inwould be most welcome.

Call off the dogs! I stumbled onto the solution after posting. The 3100 has a wifi connection button on the front panel, and I must have inadvertently pressed it while inserting the ethernet cable. As a result, the wifi networks were disabled. I have since re-pressed the wifi switch, and all is back to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!